No announcement yet.

Kernelcare - Unknown Kernel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New kernels are usually added to the list of supported by KernelCare within a few days. This error will disappear since then, so no additional actions are required from customers side.

Comment

Excellent - thanks Alexandre...

Comment

Any ideas when kernelcare will update to
        root [/]# /usr/bin/kcarectl --update
        Unknown Kernel (CentOS 2.6.32-696.20.1.el6.x86_64)
        root [/]# _

Comment

It is not on the list of supported kernels, unless you are very slow in updating the lists
          We get this every time there is a kernel update & kernelcare is 3 or 4 days or even 1 week late in adding it after Cpanel does an auto-update & forces you to reboot
          Unknown Kernel (CentOS 2.6.32-696.20.1.el6.x86_64)

Shows most recent version as
          kernel-2.6.32-696.18.7.el6(Last Updated: 2018-01-10 13:37:30)

Comment

Derek, sorry to misinform you.
            This kernel is not in the list of supported as it has no known security vulnerabilities, and this is why we havent built a stub for it yet.
            You can safely ignore these warning messages ("Unknown Kernel" ). Or you can add in to your /etc/sysconfig/kcare/kcare.conf the following setting to ignore these messages:
            IGNORE_UNKNOWN_KERNEL=True
            More details here: http://docs.kernelcare.com/index.htm...ig_options.htm
            Usually, we add KC support for the new kernels within 3-4 days.
            You can always check if KernelCare supports your current kernel here:

Comment

I dont want to ignore the messages, I need to know when it will be added, so I can use the symlink protections. I cannot enable them until you add it to kernelcare

Comment

This problem can be avoided if you are subscribed to all KC patches (not only symlink protection) as theres no need to update kernel manually (and wait 3-4 days for KC support) in this case.

Comment

3.10.0-714.10.2.lve1.5.7.el7.x86_64 Unknown kernel. This was a cPanel kernel update, and I do not see it on the list of supported CL7 kernels. The update was over a week ago.

Comment

I have since added, IGNORE_UNKNOWN_KERNEL=True to my kcare.conf file, after reading the below in another thread. I am assuming this is the issue at hand.

Code:
                    "This kernel is not in the list of supported as it has no known security vulnerabilities, and this is why we havent built a stub for it yet.

You can safely ignore these warning messages ("Unknown Kernel" ). Or you can add in to your /etc/sysconfig/kcare/kcare.conf the following setting to ignore these messages:

IGNORE_UNKNOWN_KERNEL=True

More details here: [URL]http://docs.kernelcare.com/index.html?config_options.htm[/URL]

Usually, we add KC support for the new kernels within 3-4 days. "
                    This is the first time in over a year of running kcare, that ANY issue has arisen. Great program, from great programmers. Thank you.

-DeanoX

Comment

3.10.0-714.10.2.lve1.5.7.el7.x86_64 is a beta kernel, we do not support beta-kernels with KernelCare. Please, upgrade to the latest supported (3.10.0-714.10.2.lve1.5.9.el7 as of the time of writing this)

Comment

Thanks for the info.

Why does cPanel, or why did, cPanel update CloudLinux, with a beta version? Any idea?

And as a novice with CloudLinux, how do I easily, revert to the latest supported version of 3.10.0-714.10.2.lve1.5.9.el7 ?

Thank you,
                        -DeanoX

Comment

Ask the cPanel questions at https://forums.cpanel.net/forums/cloudlinux.391/ - I severely doubt CloudLinux can speak to why cPanel made any particular choices or decisions.

Comment

> Why does cPanel, or why did, cPanel update CloudLinux, with a beta version? Any idea?

Perhaps your system is set up to be updated from "cloudlinux-updates-testing" repo.
                            You might need to contact our support to move it to the stable repo (https://cloudlinux.zendesk.com)

Comment

/usr/bin/kcarectl --auto-update --gradual-rollout=auto
                              Unknown Kernel (CentOS Linux 3.10.0-862.14.4.el7.x86_64)

Comment

It usually takes a few days for new kernels to be added to the list of supported by KernelCare. No additional action is required on user side to make it work when it becomes supported.

Comment

Working...
                                X