Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Some questions about jailshell and multi-core cpu

Hi there,

I havent tested this yet as im doing the reading first and trying to have answers to many questions.
    I do offer jailshell to many clients and wondering how this is achieved with cloudlinux. Can i enable jailshell or will simply do not work? at least do work as is now (without virtualization of jailshell)?

Another question is...as far as i have read you limit the cpu use to only 1 core...i mean the max use 1 core....in a 16 cores server this looks like you are under using the total power of the server allowing only 1 core...is there any workaround of this or planned changes?

What happen with server processes that need resource to run? cpanellogd, etc. Do this limit any user or only limit the UID of only cpanel accounts keeping apart (without restriction) the root or other system or program users like cpanel, exim, dovecot, etc.?

Thanx in advance!

Jailshell works fine with CL. Of course CageFS will replace JailShell once it is out of beta.

And yes, we limit CPU to one core PER CUSTOMER. It is not a limit for the whole server. So, on a server with 16 cores, and say -- 300 customers, that is quite reasonable.
    Of course if you don like that limit, you are free to adjust ncpu (number of cores per LVE) -- so that your customers can use more then one core each.

Also, we don limit root processes, service processes, etc... We only limit customers processes that are run via web, shell or cron.

Comment

Thanx Igor, that clarify a lot.

Comment

Igor....may i ask how CL determine which running process is a user account and which one a system user....i ask cause we have some custom installations like assp, etc. how CL differentiate this users from cpanel account users? to avoid kill system processes.

Thanx!

Comment

First of all we never kill processes. Slow them down -- yes. Kill -- never.

Second we put a process into LVE, and then all its children are considered to be in LVE as well.
          For the web -- anything with PHP handler, or cgi hander gets placed into LVE, as long as there is a SuexecUserGroup tag for virtual host with uid > 100 (or LVEId tag, or RUID, or ... but basically host is identifyable/belongs to some user).
          For cron -- if cronjob is for uid > 100
          For ssh -- if pam_lve installed, if uid > 100, shell session will be in lve.

Comment

Thanx!

Comment

Working...
            X