This topic has been answered.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Password Reset

I'm just starting to setup a server running CloudLinux 8 with CyberPanel and LiteSpeed. Installs went okay, other than the requirement to reinstall LVE Manager to get the port to load. I've also read to set ChallengeResponseAuthentication, PasswordAuthentication, and UsePAM to "no" in sshd_config...but maybe that's a topic for another post. During the installation of the OS, there was never a place to assign a username or PW for any modules. There doesn't seem to be a way to install or reinstall LVE Manager or CloudLinux Manager from CyberLinux. It only has a button to activate after recognizing the OS, which then changes to a button for access. The login page loads asking for a username and PW. What username and PW?! I never set one up or assigned any users. I can't find instructions for this anywhere. I tried a few thinking maybe there was some handshaking going on I wasn't aware of, but knew that was a long shot.

How do I reset...or set in the first place...a username and PW for the CloudLinux Manager portal?
  • Answer selected by bogdan.sh at 05-21-2024, 10:34 AM.

The password auth by ssh is disabled for sure for security reason and that is good. However, you can still set any password for a root user for example to log into it over some kind of IPMI/KVM , just like you have a physical access to machine (without network/ssh).

If you know the root password - try it in GUI, if you don't - set it to some secure and use it in GUI.

It's like for cPanel - you use root and password to access the WHM.

Comment

As as far as I remember you have to use server's root credentials at <IP_ADDRESS>:9000 after the installation is completed.

Comment

Thank you for your response, but that is sounds like a BIG problem as my server's credentials are an SSH key and passwords are disabled. I thought that's standard practice these days. Am I able to key in on an SSH terminal to open the web interface or must it be done in the GUI? I've now tried SSH straight into port 9000, but the server refused the connection to even allow user input. Surely there's a way to open this port and have a GUI interface. I'm a bit new and could use some guidance.

Comment

The password auth by ssh is disabled for sure for security reason and that is good. However, you can still set any password for a root user for example to log into it over some kind of IPMI/KVM , just like you have a physical access to machine (without network/ssh).

If you know the root password - try it in GUI, if you don't - set it to some secure and use it in GUI.

It's like for cPanel - you use root and password to access the WHM.

Comment

I'm logged in now. Thank you for your help. It would be nice if the login could be updated in the future to use more secure key-based access.

Comment

Great to hear you are in!

Where have you seen the key-based auth over GUI? Personally I never seen it before.

Comment

Working...
              X