Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any way to exclude certain programs from LVE IO limits?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any way to exclude certain programs from LVE IO limits?

Hello,

Since Cpanels backup restores user content with gtar running as the user itself - restores are slow. Is there a way to exclude the gtar from the io limits?

Thanks upfront.

could you please run lveps -p when it runs, and show me the output
    we don limit all the users processes by default, so depending on how it was executed, it might be out of LVE anyway

Comment

I have a similar question. If I do a large grep search as a regular user, it causes the account to reach its IO limit (so far we have not changed the default limits), and as a result, that users website becomes very slow to respond until the grep search ends. I suppose a workaround is to change the accounts IO limit temporarily when running shell processes associated with maintenance, but is there a way of controlling which processes are counted against the IO limit? Or is this something we just have to live with if we wish to use the IO limit?

The following is the output from lveps while my grep search was in progress.

[root@www16 fftf]# lveps -p

ID EP PNO COM TNO TID CPU MEM DT DO

fftf 0 3 --- 3 --- 109464 97 13787664 225274

--- --- -bash ---2522190 0 1 N/A N/A

--- --- su - fftf ---2522187 0 1 N/A N/A

--- --- grep --color=auto -r lon ---2159477 0 1 N/A N/A

[root@www16 fftf]# lveps -d

ID EP PNO TNO SPEED MEM IO IOPS

fftf 0 3 3 0% 99 1038 6

Comment

Hello!

You can execute the following as root. The command will execute "grep" as user USERNAME inside LVE/CageFS, but will ignore IO and PMEM limits.

cagefs_enter_user --no-io-and-memory-limit USERNAME grep -r STRING

Comment

Thank you.

Comment

Working...
          X