Hi,

I have issue with cloudlinux update, I have below version

VERSION="8.5 (Vladimir Shatalov)"
    ID="cloudlinux"
    ID_LIKE="rhel fedora centos"
    VERSION_ID="8.5"
    PLATFORM_ID="platform:el8"

and when try to update with dnf then Im getting 2 problems

Problem 1: package lsphp71-pecl-imagick-3.4.4-1.el8.7.1.x86_64 requires libMagickCore-6.Q16.so.6()(64bit), but none of the providers can be installed
    - package lsphp71-pecl-imagick-3.4.4-1.el8.7.1.x86_64 requires libMagickWand-6.Q16.so.6()(64bit), but none of the providers can be installed
    - cannot install both ImageMagick-libs-6.9.12.50-2.el8.x86_64 and ImageMagick-libs-6.9.10.86-1.el8.x86_64
    - cannot install the best update candidate for package lsphp71-pecl-imagick-3.4.4-1.el8.7.1.x86_64
    - cannot install the best update candidate for package ImageMagick-libs-6.9.10.86-1.el8.x86_64
    Problem 2: cannot install both ImageMagick-libs-6.9.12.50-2.el8.x86_64 and ImageMagick-libs-6.9.10.86-1.el8.x86_64
    - package lsphp72-pecl-imagick-3.4.4-3.el8.7.2.x86_64 requires libMagickCore-6.Q16.so.6()(64bit), but none of the providers can be installed
    - package lsphp72-pecl-imagick-3.4.4-3.el8.7.2.x86_64 requires libMagickWand-6.Q16.so.6()(64bit), but none of the providers can be installed
    - package ImageMagick-6.9.12.50-2.el8.x86_64 requires libMagickCore-6.Q16.so.7()(64bit), but none of the providers can be installed
    - package ImageMagick-6.9.12.50-2.el8.x86_64 requires libMagickWand-6.Q16.so.7()(64bit), but none of the providers can be installed
    - package ImageMagick-6.9.12.50-2.el8.x86_64 requires ImageMagick-libs(x86-64) = 6.9.12.50-2.el8, but none of the providers can be installed
    - cannot install the best update candidate for package lsphp72-pecl-imagick-3.4.4-3.el8.7.2.x86_64
    - cannot install the best update candidate for package ImageMagick-6.9.10.86-1.el8.x86_64
    (try to add '--allowerasing' to command line to replace conflicting packages or '--skip-broken' to skip uninstallable packages or '--nobest' to use not only best candidate packages)

How I can update my server without dependency issues?

thanks in advance
    Attached Files
  • Answer selected by bogdan.sh at 12-26-2022, 06:11 PM.

Thank you bogdan.sh

Support solved my problem !

Problem was in additional BaseOS repo which was enabled.

This solved problem
    Code:
    yum-config-manager --disable repo.cloudlinux.com_cloudlinux_8_BaseOS_x86_64_os_

Comment

Hello linuxuser!

It looks like there may be a package conflict that we need to investigate further, could you please contact us by opening a support ticket?

We'll get on it and sort it for you :-)

Cheers!

Comment

I've been having this same issue on my LiteSpeed server. Was there ever a ticket generated? If not, I'd like to submit one. I've had this issue for a while, and I'm really starting to notice it when regenerating images in WordPress.

Comment

Hi,

Are you running CloudLinux version 8.5 as well? Try updating first with:

Code:
          dnf install cloudlinux-release
          More: https://blog.cloudlinux.com/cloudlinux-os-8.6-released

Comment

I also have problem with update system packages.

Release:
            Code:
            CloudLinux release 8.5 (Vladimir Shatalov)
            NAME="CloudLinux"
            VERSION="8.5 (Vladimir Shatalov)"
            ID="cloudlinux"
            VERSION_ID="8.5"​

This is error from WHM system update, I need to put in pastebin because forum don't accept more than 10000 characters.

Pastebin.com is the number one paste tool since 2002. Pastebin is a website where you can store text online for a set period of time.

Thank you!

Comment

Petar, have you tried doing the "dnf install cloudlinux-release"?

Comment

No, I didn't. I will try and I will post an update here. Thank you.

Comment

HI bogdan.sh
                  Just to inform, dnf install cloudlinux-release command helped me.

Comment

HI bogdan.sh

I have new issue with cloudlinux (WHM) update, I have below version

Code:
                    CloudLinux release 8.6 (Leonid Kadenyuk)
                    NAME="CloudLinux"
                    VERSION="8.6 (Leonid Kadenyuk)"
                    ID="cloudlinux"
                    VERSION_ID="8.6"
                    PLATFORM_ID="platform:el8"
                    PRETTY_NAME="CloudLinux 8.6 (Leonid Kadenyuk)"

​During the daily update, I get this errors:

-
                    Code:
                     Processing command `/usr/local/cpanel/scripts/update-packages`
                    [/usr/local/cpanel/scripts/update-packages] checkyum version 22.3 (excludes: bind-chroot)
                    [/usr/local/cpanel/scripts/update-packages] This system is receiving updates from CloudLinux Network server.
                    [/usr/local/cpanel/scripts/update-packages] AlmaLinux 8.6 - PowerTools 4.9 MB/s | 2.9 MB 00:00
                    [/usr/local/cpanel/scripts/update-packages] Error:
                    [/usr/local/cpanel/scripts/update-packages] Problem: problem with installed package libxml2-2.9.7-13.el8_6.1.x86_64
                    [/usr/local/cpanel/scripts/update-packages] - cannot install the best update candidate for package libxml2-2.9.7-13.el8_6.1.x86_64
                    [/usr/local/cpanel/scripts/update-packages] - package libxslt-devel-1.1.32-6.el8.x86_64 requires pkgconfig(libxml-2.0), but none of the providers can be installed
                    [/usr/local/cpanel/scripts/update-packages] - libxml2-devel-2.9.7-13.el8_6.1.i686 has inferior architecture
                    [/usr/local/cpanel/scripts/update-packages] - libxml2-devel-2.9.7-13.el8.i686 has inferior architecture
                    [/usr/local/cpanel/scripts/update-packages] - package libxml2-devel-2.9.7-13.el8_6.1.x86_64 requires libxml2(x86-64) = 2.9.7-13.el8_6.1, but none of the providers can be installed
                    [/usr/local/cpanel/scripts/update-packages] - package libxml2-devel-2.9.7-13.el8.x86_64 requires libxml2(x86-64) = 2.9.7-13.el8, but none of the providers can be installed
                    [/usr/local/cpanel/scripts/update-packages] - cannot install both libxml2-2.9.7-15.el8.x86_64 and libxml2-2.9.7-13.el8_6.1.x86_64
                    [/usr/local/cpanel/scripts/update-packages] - cannot install both libxml2-2.9.7-15.el8.x86_64 and libxml2-2.9.7-13.el8.x86_64
                    [/usr/local/cpanel/scripts/update-packages] - package alt-libxml2-devel-2.9.4-3.el8.x86_64 requires alt-libxml2 = 2.9.4-3.el8, but none of the providers can be installed
                    [/usr/local/cpanel/scripts/update-packages] - cannot install the best update candidate for package alt-libxml2-2.10.2-1.el8.x86_64
                    [/usr/local/cpanel/scripts/update-packages] - cannot install both alt-libxml2-2.9.4-3.el8.x86_64 and alt-libxml2-2.10.2-1.el8.x86_64
                    [/usr/local/cpanel/scripts/update-packages] - cannot install the best update candidate for package libxslt-devel-1.1.32-6.el8.x86_64
                    [/usr/local/cpanel/scripts/update-packages] - problem with installed package libxslt-devel-1.1.32-6.el8.x86_64
                    [/usr/local/cpanel/scripts/update-packages] (try to add '--skip-broken' to skip uninstallable packages or '--nobest' to use not only best candidate packages)
                    [/usr/local/cpanel/scripts/update-packages] (XID tqcjfz) “/usr/bin/yum” reported error code “1” when it ended:
                    [/usr/local/cpanel/scripts/update-packages] The “/usr/local/cpanel/scripts/update-packages” command (process 1362742) reported error number 1 when it ended.
                    Do you have some workaround for this? Thank you.

Comment

Hm, the error is unknown. Could you please try clearing yum cache and try again?
                      Code:
                      yum clean all
                      And if not fixed please show the yum repolist output.

Comment

Hi, same error after running
                        Code:
                        yum clean all
                        This is repolist:

Code:
                        This system is receiving updates from CloudLinux Network server.
                        repo id repo name
                        EA4 EA4 ( EasyApache 4 )
                        Mysql-connectors-community MySQL Connectors Community
                        Mysql-tools-community MySQL Tools Community
                        Mysql80-community MySQL 8.0 Community Server
                        appstream AlmaLinux 8.6 - AppStream
                        baseos AlmaLinux 8.6 - BaseOS
                        cl-ea4 CloudLinux 8 EasyApache4
                        cl-ea4-testing CloudLinux 8 EasyApache4 - testing
                        cloudlinux-ea4-rollout-1 CloudLinux-EA4-8 - Gradual Rollout Slot 1
                        cloudlinux-ea4-rollout-10 CloudLinux-EA4-8 - Gradual Rollout Slot 10
                        cloudlinux-ea4-rollout-2 CloudLinux-EA4-8 - Gradual Rollout Slot 2
                        cloudlinux-ea4-rollout-3 CloudLinux-EA4-8 - Gradual Rollout Slot 3
                        cloudlinux-ea4-rollout-4 CloudLinux-EA4-8 - Gradual Rollout Slot 4
                        cloudlinux-ea4-rollout-5 CloudLinux-EA4-8 - Gradual Rollout Slot 5
                        cloudlinux-ea4-rollout-6 CloudLinux-EA4-8 - Gradual Rollout Slot 6
                        cloudlinux-ea4-rollout-7 CloudLinux-EA4-8 - Gradual Rollout Slot 7
                        cloudlinux-ea4-rollout-8 CloudLinux-EA4-8 - Gradual Rollout Slot 8
                        cloudlinux-ea4-rollout-9 CloudLinux-EA4-8 - Gradual Rollout Slot 9
                        cloudlinux-rollout-1 CloudLinux-8 - Gradual Rollout Slot 1
                        cloudlinux-rollout-10 CloudLinux-8 - Gradual Rollout Slot 10
                        cloudlinux-rollout-2 CloudLinux-8 - Gradual Rollout Slot 2
                        cloudlinux-rollout-3 CloudLinux-8 - Gradual Rollout Slot 3
                        cloudlinux-rollout-4 CloudLinux-8 - Gradual Rollout Slot 4
                        cloudlinux-rollout-5 CloudLinux-8 - Gradual Rollout Slot 5
                        cloudlinux-rollout-6 CloudLinux-8 - Gradual Rollout Slot 6
                        cloudlinux-rollout-7 CloudLinux-8 - Gradual Rollout Slot 7
                        cloudlinux-rollout-8 CloudLinux-8 - Gradual Rollout Slot 8
                        cloudlinux-rollout-9 CloudLinux-8 - Gradual Rollout Slot 9
                        cloudlinux-x86_64-server-8 cloudlinux-x86_64-server-8
                        cpanel-addons-production-feed cPanel Addons Production Feed
                        cpanel-plugins cPanel Plugins project
                        epel Extra Packages for Enterprise Linux 8 - x86_64
                        imunify360 EL-8 - Imunify360
                        imunify360-rollout-1 Imunify360 - Gradual Rollout Slot 1
                        imunify360-rollout-2 Imunify360 - Gradual Rollout Slot 2
                        imunify360-rollout-3 Imunify360 - Gradual Rollout Slot 3
                        imunify360-rollout-4 Imunify360 - Gradual Rollout Slot 4
                        kernelcare kernelcare
                        powertools AlmaLinux 8.6 - PowerTools
                        remi-modular Remi's Modular repository for Enterprise Linux 8 - x86_64
                        remi-safe Safe Remi's RPM repository for Enterprise Linux 8 - x86_64
                        repo.cloudlinux.com_cloudlinux_8_BaseOS_x86_64_os_ created by dnf config-manager from https://repo.cloudlinux.com/cloudlinux/8/BaseOS/x86_64/os/
                        wp-toolkit-cpanel WordPress Toolkit for cPanel
                        wp-toolkit-thirdparties WordPress Toolkit third parties
                        Thank you bogdan.sh on your help ! ​

Comment

The last try before creating a ticket - please check for any duplicated packages on a server per this article.
                          Otherwise, please create a ticket so we can check the issue in place.

Comment

Hi bogdan.sh

There is no duplicates packages.

Code:
                            package-cleanup --dupes | tail -n +3
                            Last metadata expiration check: 0:22:09 ago on Wed 14 Dec 2022 12:07:08 PM CET.
                            Maybe this can help something. When I run
                            Code:
                            yum update
                            from terminal, I get this errors:

Pastebin.com is the number one paste tool since 2002. Pastebin is a website where you can store text online for a set period of time.

Comment

The issue have to be investigated in place, please create a ticket for us and we will have a look.

Comment

Thank you bogdan.sh

Support solved my problem !

Problem was in additional BaseOS repo which was enabled.

This solved problem
                                Code:
                                yum-config-manager --disable repo.cloudlinux.com_cloudlinux_8_BaseOS_x86_64_os_

Comment

Working...
                                X