KC And R1soft Issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KC And R1soft Issues

We are having some issues between cdp-agent and KC, mainly when KC modifies running kernel and there is a restart of the cdp-agent after the fact. When this happens it becomes impossible for backups to run and they fail with:

> The replication driver was not detected (detail: An error occurred while loading the hcpdriver module, please check your system logs

root@s1 [~]# uname -r
    3.10.0-614.10.2.lve1.4.50.el7.x86_64

/usr/bin/kcarectl --uname
    3.10.0-614.10.2.lve1.4.55.el7

The agent was fine running like this until it was restarted. I have tried hcpdriver for 4.55 but this does not help.

This happens occasionally across our servers. So now I am stuck with a reboot to fix this which kind of goes against one of the reasons why I have KC running.

Or is there another workaround?

Hi, Chuck! When using KernelCare, third-party kernel modules still should be built for the kernel version the system booted with (3.10.0-614.10.2.lve1.4.50.el7.x86_64 in your case). If there are still problems with building hcpdriver module, please, make sure that corresponding kernel-devel package is installed (kernel-devel-3.10.0-614.10.2.lve1.4.50.el7.x86_64.rpm in your case) and contact R1soft support.

Comment

I think there is something more sinister that is a problem here, and it has only occurred with this new latest version.

The problem appears to be on R1Softs side, however, I am unable to get support from them, they refused to let me create a technical support account, and the reseller I go through informed me that R1Soft support is basically non-existent, so I should just wait until they release a new version.

Rather frustrating, but throwing it out that I am also affected and KernelCare does not seem to be at fault.
      Cheers,
      Stuart

Comment

We actually got KernelCare for the sole reason that we didnt want to reboot and build new kernel modules for R1Soft when a new kernel was available. I guess were not able to avoid the reboot anyway?
        Were also having problems building the new kernel module for the latest CL7 kernel, but Id figure its a problem with R1Soft.

Comment

Hi! Could you please open a support ticket - https://cloudlinux.zendesk.com , and provide more detail with kcdoctor command, and our support team will help you ASAP.

Thanks!

Comment

Working...
          X