Unknown Kernel again

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unknown Kernel again

Unknown Kernel (CentOS 2.6.32-754.el6.x86_64)

when will Kernel care update for this kernel?

3 days and no answer?

Comment

We are having the same issue.

Comment

Hello,

We are going to add support for this kernel today.
        Please try to apply KernelCare patches sometime later today.

Comment

> Hello,
          >
          > We are going to add support for this kernel today.
          > Please try to apply KernelCare patches sometime later today.

hmmmm will be today?

Comment

The 10th was yesterday (when you said: "We are going to add support for this kernel today. Please try to apply KernelCare patches sometime later today.") Care to make an update on the release date progress?

Comment

and now we have 2.6.32-754.2.1.el6.x86_64

when will patches or new kernelcare be available for this one?

The system kernel is at version “2.6.32-754.el6”, but an update is available: 2.6.32-754.2.1.el6.x86_64
              You must take one of the following actions to ensure the system is up-to-date:•Wait a few days for KernelCare to publish a kernel patch.
              Update the system (run “yum -y update” on the command line), and reboot the system.

Comment

Hello,

> and now we have 2.6.32-754.2.1.el6.x86_64
                >
                > when will patches or new kernelcare be available for this one?

According to https://patches.kernelcare.com/ this kernel version is already supported. If KernelCare reports it as not supported, please open a ticket and we will resolve it: https://cloudlinux.zendesk.com/hc/requests/new

Comment

Not according the page I am looking at
                  the last kernel version is
                  kernel-2.6.32-754.el6 (Last Updated: 2018-07-11 16:54:55)

Comment

Hello,

> Not according the page I am looking at
                    > the last kernel version is
                    > kernel-2.6.32-754.el6 (Last Updated: 2018-07-11 16:54:55)

Indeed, kernel is supported only on RHEL and Oracle Linux. We are going to add support for this kernel on CentOS tomorrow.

Comment

Is kcare even working or should we remove it? We have had “unknown kernel” notices for over a month, the extra patch set is invalid, and now we are getting these notices during autoupdate:

sysctl: cannot stat /proc/sys/fs/enforce_symlinksifowner: No such file or directory
                      sysctl: cannot stat /proc/sys/fs/symlinkown_gid: No such file or directory

CentOS 7, 3.10.0-862.9.1.el7.x86_64

CPanel recommended we use this, but I don’t trust or know enough to know if its actually doing anything for us.

Comment

Kevin,

CentOS 7 kernel 3.10.0-862.9.1.el7.x86_64 is already supported - please, submit a ticket at https://cloudlinux.zendesk.com (KernelCare department) so our support team can have a closer look at the issue

Comment

after receiving the reply above, I reattempted the automated process of /usr/bin/kcarectl --auto-update --gradual-rollout=auto and can confirm it is now updating without errors. Our maintenance scripts run in the a.m. I just assumed it was still the same since Ive been getting "unknown..." for the last few weeks. The extra package type error is also gone.

My question is...even though the kernel is unknown, or the extra package type isnt recognize (I assume for the current kernel of the system), kcare is still doing something, right? As a novice, it just felt like after weeks of the unknown kernel message that we werent being "protected". After my post I was reading that other things are going on that make the kcare useful, even during interim events where new kernels surpass the patch level of kcare (?thats more of a question than a statement).

Comment

KernelCare can only apply patches to supported kernels. If kernel is not supported, no patches are applied which means no extra protection is provided. But since new kernels usually do not have known vulnerabilities and we constantly adding support for new kernels, there should be no problems with it. I mean if kernel is new and not yet supported, it is safe enough to run it because it is new and already has all the latest security fixes.

Comment

KernelCare has not updated my Centos System now for over 2 weeks...

I receive the following;

Code:
                              Unknown Kernel (CentOS 2.6.32-754.3.5.el6.x86_64)
                              When will this version be supported?

Comment

Working...
                              X