Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Unknown Kernel (CentOS Linux 3.10.0-957.1.3.el7.x86_64)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unknown Kernel (CentOS Linux 3.10.0-957.1.3.el7.x86_64)

I installed KernelCare on a cPanel/WHM CentOS 7 server and afterwards cPanel indicated that updates were available and indicated I should run yum -y update. I did that and it ran clean. After doing the yum -y update all attempts to run kcare commands now return: Unknown Kernel (CentOS Linux 3.10.0-957.1.3.el7.x86_64). Any help or guidance would be appreciated.

Debug Info:
    # uname -r
    3.10.0-957.1.3.el7.x86_64
    # kcare-uname -r
    3.10.0-957.1.3.el7.x86_64
    # kcarectl -i
    Unknown kernel (CentOS Linux 3.10.0-957.1.3.el7.x86_64), no patches available
    # kcarectl --check
    Unknown kernel (CentOS Linux 3.10.0-957.1.3.el7.x86_64), no patches available
    Hostking | Since 2013 | Web Hosting | WordPress Web Hosting

Don,

It usually takes a few days to add a new kernel version to the list of supported by KernelCare. You can leave it as it is - KernelCare will automatically start patching it as soon as there are patches available.

Comment

Sorry to trouble you again, but is KernelCare really not active any more, or is the Google Patch notification Group/Forum not the place anymore to follow patch status, that is to track what Kernels are supported by KernelCare. The KernelCare patches for CentOS and RHEL 7 Group has not be updated in 6 months. My installation is still receiving "Unknown Kernel" and I wanted to track/follow what is currently being supported.

Comment

Hello, We updated our kernel to 3.10.0-957.1.3.el7.x86_64 and when rebooting our server showed "grub>" prompt in the proxmox console.

We had to troubleshoot our boot partition and the server booted but we dont know what will happen if we reboot it again for any reason.

We are now receiving the "Unknown Kernel" advice.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks!

Comment

This kernel was released on November 29 and the kernelcare patch is still not done. The cloudlinux team is working very slowly.

Comment

I am writing to confirm the same issue :

Cron <root@machine> /usr/bin/kcarectl --auto-update

Lots of errors being reported.

Could we expect your team to keep the patch up to date, since you are offering this service, hopefully you can keep it up.

Thank you :-)

Comment

Hello, please solve this disturbing issue asap. Managing several servers, too many email notifications.

Thank you.

Comment

> Don,
                >
                > It usually takes a few days to add a new kernel version to the list of supported by KernelCare. You can leave it as it is - KernelCare will automatically start patching it as soon as there are patches available.

This is highly inaccurate, its typically 4-6 weeks before KernelCare release a patch because it gets very low priority..

Comment

Maybe you can take into consideration that a new kernel will likely take some time to receive patches / updates / bugfixes . This is natural as the damn thing is new ;-)
                  So relax and just ignore this emails for a while.

Comment

> Maybe you can take into consideration that a new kernel will likely take some time to receive patches / updates / bugfixes . This is natural as the damn thing is new ;-)
                    > So relax and just ignore this emails for a while.

True, which is why 4-6 weeks is a more realistic figure than "a few days" . This way it sets the right expectation so you can relax and go fishing a bit more.

Comment

Working...
                    X