Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Help me, How to login on VMware Images CloudLinux?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help me, How to login on VMware Images CloudLinux?

login, aws-cl6-cpanel.vmdk

Sorry I don’t good English
    I download file http://dropbox.cloudlinux.com/images...l6-cpanel.vmdk
    I run it but I cannot login in tty1. Because I don’t know password login
    It here: http://docs.cloudlinux.com/index.htm...vm_images.html

[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/pHGjWLA.png[/IMG]

Pic: http://i.imgur.com/pHGjWLA.png

Please Help me, thank you!

PS/
    And I download file ISO CloudLinux 6.4 ISO

I setup ok, but I cannot connect SSH CloudLinux….
    (root and every user cannot login ssh…)

Comment

Please, use cloudlinux as a password.

Comment

Having issues with cloudlinux-7.5-x86_64-cpanel-vmware-20180711.ova, this is not vmware compatable, so only option is to extract this file to get the OVF and VMDK.

Finally got it working after 3 hours of struggling, why because the broken 8.2 dvd iso refuses to install in vmware because it can not get past the broken software option for gui or workstation or basic install.

Finally vmware with cloudlinux is running as above, but cpanel refuses to login as no variation of a username or pssword works with this broken cloudlinux-7.5-x86_64-cpanel-vmware-20180711.ova

Same with WHM no login or variation or anything that might seems like or similar to cloudlinux for a login works.

So does anyone know what this missing login is or is there a step I am missing that we have to smell or as a tarrot card reader to channel from dead people so we can get a login that is not in the broken documentation process ???

Super frustrating, now I can understand why the incompetent hosting companies can not fix anything and run broken damaged Cpanel version for us their customers.

Comment

> So does anyone know what this missing login is or is there a step I am missing that we have to smell or as a tarrot card reader to channel from dead people so we can get a login that is not in the broken documentation process ???

Hello,
          Thank you for reaching out! You can find the current ISO images here:

Please let us know if you have any problems with them.
          In this section also there are steps for installing CL from the image and you can check them to double-check yourself before installing: https://docs.cloudlinux.com/cloudlin...inux-os-images
          Thank you for contacting us.

Comment

So for 8 years people is asking for the Vmware CPANEL and WHM logins,

cloudlinux as password DOES NOT WORK in Cpanel Vmware or WHM, only as root user in the terminal login screen.

SO WHAT IS THE VMWARE CPANEL LOGIN ???

So what is the WHM vmware login detail ???

IT IS NOT CLOUDLINUX, it is not cloudlinux, then what is the answer ????

or a method to reset it or change it ????

Comment

> So for 8 years people is asking for the Vmware CPANEL and WHM logins,
              >
              > cloudlinux as password DOES NOT WORK in Cpanel Vmware or WHM, only as root user in the terminal login screen.
              >
              > SO WHAT IS THE VMWARE CPANEL LOGIN ???
              >
              > So what is the WHM vmware login detail ???
              >
              > IT IS NOT CLOUDLINUX, it is not cloudlinux, then what is the answer ????
              >
              > or a method to reset it or change it ????

Hello Elvis,
              Thank you for contacting us. Could you please try to use this login information:
              login: root
              pass: cloudlinux
              Hope to hear from you soon.

Comment

Using broken version,
                cloudlinux-7.5-x86_64-cpanel-vmware-20180711.ova.gz
                Extract

Ova file is broken and does not work with vmware workstation or vmware player or virtualbox last 3 generations of each = cloudlinux-7.5-x86_64-cpanel-vmware-20180711.ova

So right click to extract this into 2 files

packer-cloudlinux-7.5-x86_64.virtualbox-1530026719.ovf
                and
                packer-cloudlinux-7.5-x86_64.virtualbox-1530026719-disk001.vmdk

Finally clicking this ovf is recognized by vmware workstation pro.

It asks to import.....

Imported, start with this default settings.

Boots up into terminal / console view.
                Login
                root
                cloudlinux

Yay finally something works.

ifconfig to get ip address as only NAT works in vmware workstation / player.

Error message

SORRY !!
                If you are the owner of this website, please contact your hosting provider: webmaster@192.168.3.130

It is possible you have reached this page because:

blah blah
                192.168.3.130/cpanel

root
                cloudlinux

The login is invalid.

root
                CloudLinux

The login is invalid.

tried 300 variation small root, big ROOT, Root, rOOt and variable cloudlinux and again nothing as I have explained so so so many times....

192.168.3.130/whm

same there is no password that works

root
                empty

root
                root

root
                cloudlinux

root

And why am I here trying vmware image, because after normal install from broken 7.5 iso, broken 7.8 DVD, 8.2 boot, 8.2 dvd1 there is more errors than with vmware and all that isos vail as is to do a complete functional install or with your repo or with minimal install or with gui or with workstation it all ends up in a big mess.

yes even with sysctl --enable blah blah blah

So how on earth can I get a properly working version so that I cna educate the idiots at GoDaddy, and several other hosting companies on how to fix their broken CloudLinux Cpanel systems so that I can get 1 day of peace without the CloudLinux and Cpanel falling apart or crashing on their systems.

This is the reason why I am here.

So can you do a clean install in vmware or virtualbox, then see all the errors we are having, all the unsuitability and please fix it so that we can have 1 night of rest without fear the idiots at GoDaddy "worst hosting company on earth" can keep my website or any default basic factory default wordpress installation alive for more than 5 hours ???

How difficult is it to get a 30 year old actin of installing linux, partition, setup and into console or terminal or kde or lxde with network active and then be able to login into a webmin / cpanel / whm panel ???

Comment

> Using broken version,
                  > cloudlinux-7.5-x86_64-cpanel-vmware-20180711.ova.gz
                  > Extract
                  >
                  > Ova file is broken and does not work with vmware workstation or vmware player or virtualbox last 3 generations of each = cloudlinux-7.5-x86_64-cpanel-vmware-20180711.ova
                  >
                  > So right click to extract this into 2 files
                  >
                  > packer-cloudlinux-7.5-x86_64.virtualbox-1530026719.ovf
                  > and
                  > packer-cloudlinux-7.5-x86_64.virtualbox-1530026719-disk001.vmdk
                  >
                  > Finally clicking this ovf is recognized by vmware workstation pro.
                  >
                  > It asks to import.....
                  >
                  > Imported, start with this default settings.
                  >
                  > Boots up into terminal / console view.
                  > Login
                  > root
                  > cloudlinux
                  >
                  > Yay finally something works.
                  >
                  > ifconfig to get ip address as only NAT works in vmware workstation / player.
                  >
                  > 192.168.3.130
                  >
                  > http://192.168.3.130/cgi-sys/defaultwebpage.cgi
                  >
                  > Error message
                  >
                  > SORRY !!
                  > If you are the owner of this website, please contact your hosting provider: webmaster@192.168.3.130
                  >
                  > It is possible you have reached this page because:
                  >
                  > blah blah
                  > 192.168.3.130/cpanel
                  >
                  > https://192.168.3.130:2083/
                  >
                  > root
                  > cloudlinux
                  >
                  > The login is invalid.
                  >
                  > root
                  > CloudLinux
                  >
                  > The login is invalid.
                  >
                  > tried 300 variation small root, big ROOT, Root, rOOt and variable cloudlinux and again nothing as I have explained so so so many times....
                  >
                  > 192.168.3.130/whm
                  > https://192.168.3.130:2087/
                  >
                  > same there is no password that works
                  >
                  > root
                  > empty
                  >
                  > root
                  > root
                  >
                  > root
                  > cloudlinux
                  >
                  > root
                  > 1234
                  >
                  > And why am I here trying vmware image, because after normal install from broken 7.5 iso, broken 7.8 DVD, 8.2 boot, 8.2 dvd1 there is more errors than with vmware and all that isos vail as is to do a complete functional install or with your repo or with minimal install or with gui or with workstation it all ends up in a big mess.
                  >
                  > yes even with sysctl --enable blah blah blah
                  >
                  > So how on earth can I get a properly working version so that I cna educate the idiots at GoDaddy, and several other hosting companies on how to fix their broken CloudLinux Cpanel systems so that I can get 1 day of peace without the CloudLinux and Cpanel falling apart or crashing on their systems.
                  >
                  > This is the reason why I am here.
                  >
                  > So can you do a clean install in vmware or virtualbox, then see all the errors we are having, all the unsuitability and please fix it so that we can have 1 night of rest without fear the idiots at GoDaddy "worst hosting company on earth" can keep my website or any default basic factory default wordpress installation alive for more than 5 hours ???
                  >
                  > How difficult is it to get a 30 year old actin of installing linux, partition, setup and into console or terminal or kde or lxde with network active and then be able to login into a webmin / cpanel / whm panel ???

Hello Elvis,
                  To help you with this question we need a little bit more information, please create a ticket here https://cloudlinux.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/requests/new and technical experts will help you asap.
                  If you have any other questions, feel free to ask here.
                  Thank you for contacting us.

Comment

Why do I need a support ticket for what should be basic information.

Downlaod Vmware / virtualbox image, launch it, login to terminal with root cloudlinux, do action ??? to get cpanel and whm to run, then login to cpanel via browser or whm via browser using username: ???? and password: ????

Vmware image cpanel and whm login is ??????
                    Username is ???? what ????
                    Password is ???? what ????

A 3 year old child can give this basic information.

It will be stupid to activate the demo keys provided for testing if this basic functions is not working. then that keys is wasted on this broken system.

Same with the broken DVD iso install that is missing some option to complete a install and get it up and running, if that worked then I would not need to waste my time asking a idiot for a answer this idiot Sergey at Cloudlinux refuses to give.

Why are you so extremely incompetent that you can not even answer a basic question ?

WHAT IS THE WORKING LOGIN FOR VMWARE IMAGE CPANEL.

If you dont know then test it and see how broken is your system and fix it then upload a working version or a method to get past cloudlinux exceptionally horrible quality control / testing before you release junk to the public.

You as a sales representative should know this.

CloudLinux should fire you Sergey for being so incompetent that you cna not even answer a basic question.

VMWARE IMAGE CPANEL LOGIN = ??????

Comment

Hi,

Im not sure there is any problem with the CL VM image. As Sergey mentioned a couple of replies back, the root (username) | cloudlinux (password) combo is the correct one. We did try to reproduce it on our end by:
                      - Downloading the image from https://download.cloudlinux.com/cloudlinux/images/ (CloudLinux 7.5 x86_64 VMware cloud image with cPanel 11.70 (build 20180711))
                      - Importing it to the VirtualBox. We successfully logged in with root user and cloudlinux as password
                      - We also logged in with the same credentials above to WHM (https://local_ip:2087)

If you can use root and cloudlinux to login to the VM itself but not to WHM, there might be something wrong with the cPanel software. Please double-check that part, as it works fine with a blank CloudLinux VirtualBox image.

Comment

You must be a nuclear scientist.

VirtualBox is not VMware Workstation pro.

Why it is working in the WRONG software Virtual box that job human on earth uses and NOT working to login to CPANEL and WHM on that same Image in VMWARE WORKSTATION PRO that you can download for free as a trail / Demo is what I am talking about.

Even you fail to understand VMWARE WORKSTATION PRO = VMware, NOT VIRTUALBOX.

Download VMWARE PLAYER OR VMWARE WORKSTATION PRO demo and test and then come back with you tested it.

Please open your eyes and read at kindergarten level VMWARE image = VMWARE PLAYER OR VMWARE WORKSTATION PRO.

What a bunch of illiterate idiots testing it in the WRONG virtual box garbage.

Comment

I have the same problem.

Vmware image cloud Linux 7.5 cpanel from your link above, downloaded. Unzip.
                          It is not compatible with VMware workstation or vmware player 15.* or 16.* versions.

Downloaded Oracle VirtualBox 6.1.1.6-140961 and import ova.

Could login to terminal window in Oracle VirtualBox.

IP:whm and root + cloud Linux login works and end up with the setup 6 steps configuration window.

IP:cpanel, root + cloudlinux and refuses to accept this login.

So what is the login to cpanel for this OVA NON vmware, VirtualBox cPanel ?

Comment

Hello Derick,
                            Probably that you are trying to log into the cPanel (Control Panel) with root data that are only used to log into the WHM admin area. Therefore, cPanel refuses to accept this login.
                            These are two different parts of cPanel and there are two different access logins: cPanel (Control Panel) for end-users and WHM for admin access.
                            This is described in more detail here https://forums.cpanel.net/threads/ca...l-help.167882/
                            Thank you.

Comment

Heads up to anyone having the initial VM login issue, hope this saves you the 7 hours I just wasted with support:

I kept being told there is no password set for the VM, and as you found out, the advertised "cloudlinux" does not work as either username or password!

The fix is to actually brute force reset the root password by changing the grub bootloader options one-time, setting the filesystem as rw and then issuing the "passwd" command.

See an illustrated tutorial for root password reset on CentOS/CloudLinux here: https://www.tecmint.com/reset-forgotten-root-password-in-rhel-8/

Once you are done, you can use the same password for SSH as well as cPanel / WHM (access WHM with https://<IP>:2087) and the "root" username.

Comment

Working...
                              X