Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MySQL govenor is beta?

Hi,
    Thinking about installing MySQL govenor, is this still in beta stage? and would it replace our current MySQL version ( 5.6 ) ?

I don think its in beta anymore. But stand to be corrected. Nevertheless I think it works just fine.
    Hostking | Since 2013 | Web Hosting | WordPress Web Hosting

Comment

Thanks for replying. We have been trying it out for the last couple of weeks. It seems to work fine stopping surges or sudden spikes. But if you get a persistant user heavily abusing MySQL then it can cause issues. We found that when the heavy abuser gets restricted the MySQL process list built up to the max allowed, the account starts using more and more memory which in turns slows the clients site down until it eventually stops loading at all. But like I said, for sudded short spikes it does its job OK.

Comment

Is that cPanel server? Are you using "all" mode? In that mode, sites PHP would get throttled as well, causing less requests, and preventing that issues

Comment

Hi,
          Yes cpanel server. It was in "abusers" mode though one of your staff changed it to "single" mode. "abusers" mode made no difference though. See ticket #LOK-461-55959

Comment

Try switching to all mode -- that is the best mode to run with MySQL.

Comment

Will try that out, thanks.
              So in "all" mode do the limits set in mysql-governor.xml need to be removed or are they just ignored in "all" mode?

Comment

Hello,

limits in mysql-governor.xml will be ignored in "all" mode. And try to switch on killing long queries in mysql-governor.xml.

Comment

Thanks, will give it try.

Comment

Working...
                  X