OptimumCache

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OptimumCache

This will be an excellent tool to speed up our servers - if I can get it working!
    Installed, then ran

optimumcache mark --recursive /home

but that just resulted in thousands of these errors:

optimumcache: Unable to set temporary attribute on /home/jakkalsk/public_html/wp-includes/fonts/dashicons.ttf: Operation not supported
    optimumcache: Unable to set temporary attribute on /home/jakkalsk/public_html/wp-includes/fonts/dashicons.woff: Operation not supported
    optimumcache: Unable to set temporary attribute on /home/jakkalsk/public_html/wp-includes/fonts/dashicons.svg: Operation not supported
    optimumcache: Unable to set temporary attribute on /home/jakkalsk/public_html/wp-includes/fonts/dashicons.eot: Operation not supported
    optimumcache: Failed to mark /home/jakkalsk/public_html/wp-includes/fonts: Operation not supported

I checked /var/cache/optimumcache and its empty

have I done something wrong, or is OptimumCache not ready for primetime yet?
    Hostking | Since 2013 | Web Hosting | WordPress Web Hosting

Are you sure you are using ext4 and not ext3 for /home partition?

Comment

Yes:

file -s /dev/sda3
      /dev/sda3: Linux rev 1.0 ext4 filesystem data (needs journal recovery) (extents) (large files) (huge files)

Comment

If you could provide us with access to investigate (using helpdesk.cloudlinux.com) -- I would appreciate it. It is new software, so, I haven seen this issue on ext4 filesystem yet. Maybe some mount option prevents it from happening.

Comment

Sure, Ill do that now. Thanks, Igor, Im really looking forward to getting this working.

Comment

The solution seems to be adding user_xattr to mount options list for partition. Most people don need it, but if you are getting same error, you might want to do it.

To do that, edit /etc/fstab, and add user_xattr to mount option list for that partition

Than, run:
            mount /partition -o remount,user_xattr

This should produce no downtime, but be careful with fstab -> double check the spelling, etc...

Comment

Thanks, that has fixed the problem.
              How do we know that OptimumCache is working? Is there a way to monitor it?

Comment

optimumcache stat /home

will get you % of files cached.

Comment

So this means that nothing is being cached (after 12 hours):

optimumcache stat /home
                  csums: 0 (0.0%)
                  fetched uncached cached
                  inodes: 259348 259348 0 (0.0%)
                  size: 17768278 17768278 0 (0.0%)
                  RAM: 11859280 11859280 0 (0.0%)

Comment

Same here:
                    after optimumcache mark --recursive /home
                    without errors, this is the situation:

optimumcache stat /home
                    csums: 0 (0.0%)
                    fetched uncached cached
                    inodes: 109050 109050 0 (0.0%)
                    size: 4140146 4140146 0 (0.0%)
                    RAM: 1046260 1046260 0 (0.0%)

Comment

We are looking into this. Something is not working right with the our setup.

Comment

Igor, I have upd ated to the new version of Optimumcache, and on all servers, including the one where you added user_xattr to fstab, the same error appears:

optimumcache: Unable to se t temporary attribute on /home/flamboij/public_html/wp-content/uploads/2012/08/IMG_0778-400x500.jpg: Operation not supported

Comment

Same here, I tried the new version an got the same errors. Also the /var/cache/optimumcache directory is still empty.

Comment

Looks like filesystem is not mounted with necessary options, you need to remount /home/ with "pfcache_csum,pfcache=/var/cache/optimumcache" options, something like:

mount -t ext4 -o remount,pfcache_csum,pfcache=/var/cache/optimumcache /dev/sda1

Comment

Am getting simular:
                              optimumcache: Unable to set temporary attribute on /home/quota.user: Operation not permitted

optimumcache: Unable to set temporary attribute on /home/username/mail/domain-name/firehorse/dovecot.index.log: Device or resource busy

Comment

Working...
                              X