Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Few Questions About Resources And Caching

Memcache Optimum Cache LSCache

I just did a fresh install cpanel + CloudLinux + CageFS + PHPSelector + Litespeed and LSCache.

I also plan on installing and using Optimum Cache and we will need to have Memcache running but only because we will offer railgun and it is needed for that. Do you forsee any issues running these together? Anything I should watch out for?

Server Specs

32GB Ram
    RAID 10 SSD
    Intex Xeon D-1520 4/8t @ 2.2/2.4 GHz

The plan is for each server to hold about 150 account with limited sites / domains. We have currently 4 different plans like:

SPEED=50%
    PMEM=128MB
    VMEM=0
    IO=4096KB/s (4MB/s)
    NPROC=100
    EP=20

SPEED=100%
    PMEM=256MB
    VMEM=0
    IO=8192KB/s (8MB/s)
    NPROC=100
    EP=25

SPEED=100%
    PMEM=512MB
    VMEM=0
    IO=12288KB/s (12MB/s)
    NPROC=100
    EP=30

SPEED=100%
    PMEM=1024MB
    VMEM=0
    IO=16384KB/s (16MB/s)
    NPROC=100
    EP=35

Also looking for any advice on this setup and if it looks solid as far as plans, resources etc, advice is appreciated!

Comment

So far I have two objections for you - 50% speed is totally not recommended as it will cause increased system load due to interrupting processes. You will notice high %sys in top due to that.

Also, I believe 128Mb pmem limit is also to low, even for basic cheap plan. However you may change it later if customers will receive constant 503 errors.

Comment

Thanks Bogdan, great info. I have no problem to remove the cheaper plan at 128MB as that plan was just an after thought and not something we planned on originally offering.

Comment

Hello Bogdan, so according to your answer , the minimun of cpu that should be set is 100% ?, to avoid "interrupting processes. " . Please let us know

Comment

Hello,

Yes. The minimum CPU that you should set for your packages is 100% (120%, 260%, 840% or whatever). Also dont use OptimumCache, as it will be discontinued. Besides, I dont think youll see any improvements in your case, as youre already using SSDs in RAID10.

Regards.

Comment

Working...
            X