MySQL Governor for MySQL v8.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MySQL Governor for MySQL v8.0

Is this still beta? I see it has been in beta for quite some time now.
    As cPanel support MySQL v.8 in v.88 this should be possible to release into production ?

Hello Morten,
    Yes, this is still in beta, we will immediately release it in production as soon as we verify that сPanel is compatible with this package. If you require any further information, let me know. Thank you

Comment

They are in version 88.
      I just installed your beta and everything looks good so far!

Comment

> They are in version 88.
        > I just installed your beta and everything looks good so far!

Morten,
        Happy to hear it and thanks for following up!

Comment

If you are installing MySQL Governor on a server without MySQL at all, you WalmartOne have an opportunity to choose desired MySQL version to be installed with MySQL Governor installation script. Use –mysql-version flag before calling the installation script.

Comment

Hello Arnett,
            Thank you for the addition!

Comment

Hi!
              Centos 8 currently contains MySQL v 8.0.21.
              when installing Governor, it tries to install version 8.0.18 (or 19 if beta). But downgrading MySQL is not allowed (in a simple way)
              My main question is, how soon will you release a version of Mysql for Governor equal to or higher than the version that comes in the standard Centos 8 repositories?

Thanks you.

Comment

> Hi!
                > Centos 8 currently contains MySQL v 8.0.21.
                > when installing Governor, it tries to install version 8.0.18 (or 19 if beta). But downgrading MySQL is not allowed (in a simple way)
                > My main question is, how soon will you release a version of Mysql for Governor equal to or higher than the version that comes in the standard Centos 8 repositories?
                > Thanks you.

Hello,
                Thank you for contacting us. We are working on this issue and will publish the beta release in the next day. We will have news soon - stay tuned please.

Comment

Do you have any ETA for when cPanel is compatible with your packages so it can be released into stable/production? Also, I suggest you maybee add "disable_log_bin" to be added to /etc/my.cnf so it does not create enormous log files causing server to go down

Comment

Hello Morten, Thank you for the continuation. We plan to release this to production via rollout next week. Thanks for your suggestion, we will add this in the future.

Comment

Working...
                    X