DirectAdmin plugin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DirectAdmin plugin

Are there any plans to offer a DirectAdmin plugin like the one available for cPanel?

thanks!

Most likely we will add support for Plesk next. It really depends on number of customers we have for each control panel. The more popular solution will become among DA customers, the faster we start adding plugin support for it.

Comment

thanks for the reply Igor.

Comment

+1 for Directadmin

Comment

Directadmin is more scalable than Cpanel or Plesk... not sure why its not at the top of the list since it compliments the mission of cloudlinux which is to be able to condense hosting.

Directadmin unlike Ccrap is a lightwieght C control panel (Think fast no system load) it also is administrator friendly you can change whatever config you want and upgrade whatever you want without breaking the control panel...

THe custom integration and high loads of cpanel is crap a control panel should not dictate what you can and cannot do with your system... It also should not use a ton of resources.

This is not a mines better flame war... I used both Plesk (Full of bugs on every release) and CPanel (see above) have never looked back with Directadmin as our customers are thrilled they dont have to have separate logins to manage several domains, and that their cp is highly responsive, doesnt make their sites compete for resources and updates dont break the system.

Comment

While I agree that DA is a nice control panel, the issue is that:
            1. There are not that many people using DA
            2. We had very little support from DA as a company, so it is tough for us to do anything.
            3. We don even know where to start to create good installer for DA, and I am not even talking about plugin.

Comment

> Igor Seletskiy wrote:
              > While I agree that DA is a nice control panel, the issue is that:
              >
              > 1. There are not that many people using DA
              >
              > 2. We had very little support fr om DA as a company, so it is tough for us to do anything.
              >
              > 3. We don even know wh ere to start to create good installer for DA, and I am not even talking about plugin.

I have to agree with some comments from Swiftlayer about DA.

Igor,

1. Sure there are lots of people using DA, maybe just not alot of CloudLinux customers?

2. Thats sad that DA would not support you, we can try to contact them and see what they say. We can also post in their forums.

3. I guess you need some help from DA, but they do have alot of documentation online and a good community in the forums willing to help.

hope this helps.

Comment

Yes, of course I am talking about the number of my customers who are using DA.
                This is the main problem so far. I am sure if we would have more DA customers -- the rest would come by itself.

Comment

well, Here I am one of the DA user then.

Comment

I use cloudlinux & directadmin on production with no problems.

Comment

Igor most likely due to CPanel being such a crap system... when you have a control panel that uses as much system resources as CPanel does then it sends operators scrambling to find ways to squeeze as much out of their system as they possibly can which Cloudlinux is this magick bullet for these customers due to the resource limitations CL offers.

Now imagine this CloudLinux which is designed to be performance optimized coupled with the control panel that is performance optimized (directadmin)

We are here we do use your product but if you build it they will come and we can see to it that the integration is known on the DA forums.

I do know that DA has limited staff so their support to help with an integration might be pretty hard... but the community is full of experts and can help with just about anything you need to accomplish.

Let us know what you need help with.

Comment

still 3 production server with CLoudLinux and DA, vote +1

Comment

+1 user for Directadmin

Comment

DirectAdmin plugin beta is available

Comment

Working...
                            X