Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Node.js with CloudLinux and cPanel?

Hi,

Im running CloudLinux with cPanel, and have multiple clients/users in a production/hosting environment on the server and I would like to enable them to use node.js on their accounts.

Is this doable?

One node.js installation? Or one per client/user that they install them selfes from SSH?
    How about ports? Can specific ports or port ranges be assigned to specific users on the server?

Apparently there are packages of Node.js for CentOS:
    Moved to https://github.com/nodejs/node. Contribute to nodejs/node-v0.x-archive development by creating an account on GitHub.

I googled a lot on this, but couldnt find a lot of information about node.js + cPanel + CloudLinux.

Grateful for help.

/E

It should be possible to run Node.js per customer. The problem -- same as with memcache -- it will be available to everyone. We are planning to create private IP space per customer.

Comment

I don really understand this.
      If its possible to run per customer, what does it mean that "it will be available to everyone"?

Is there a problem or security risk by giving everyone node.js support?
      The resource usage by node.js is still contained per customer by CloudLinux LVE right? So one single customers misuse of node.js shouldn be able to take a server down?

Comment

I tried installing Node.js as a normal user, from within Nave (https://<a href="https://github.com/...saacs/nave</a>) and it seems to work fine.
        I couldn access it from an other user.
        Are there some security issues with this approach?

I have some other general concerns around SSH.
        I noticed that in order to give a somewhat secure SSH access for my clients I must run VirtFS (Jailed Shell) in cPanel.

What is the difference between cPanels VirtFS and CLs CageFS?

Comment

Sorry to bump the thread, but I would love to see this on CloudLinux. Ghost blogging tool uses it. And ASmallOrange has their own module they made based on Softaculous.

Comment

Michael,

It will just work out of the box. See previous post.

Comment

Igor,

Yes, it works.
              The problem is with the ports and the fact that you as an server admin can delegate specific ports to specific users.
              Any user can run node.js and take any free port on the server/shared IP.
              Is there plans to implement port delegation in CL?

Comment

Yes, there are plans like that.

Comment

Opening this after few years.
                  How its looking with that port delegation or private ip or so...

We are looking for some solutions if its possible to offer Node.JS on cPanel

Comment

Im guessing that the technology is already there as kuberdock can manage local IPs. Having an IP per user makes more sense than a port per user as this way users can choose any port and just have to know their internal IP.

Comment

i cant use nodejs along with mod_passanger.
                      anyone success?

Comment

Hello,

Yes, it is possible to install Node.js + mod_passenger but the process a bit tricky.

Please submit a ticket to https://cloudlinux.zendesk.com and we will provide you an instruction how to do that.

Comment

yes i have already done that

Comment

Working...
                          X