kcarectl --check not working

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• kcarectl --check not working

kcarectl --check doesnt do anything to indicate that a new update is available

Throughout this latest Dirty COW outbreak, the ability to check for Kernelcare updates appears to have become broken.

--check isn returning anything to indicate that an update is necessary

Code:
    # kcarectl --check

No update necessary

# kcare-uname -r

6626.32-042stab117.16

# kcarectl --update

Updates already downloaded

Kernel is safe

# kcare-uname -r

2.6.32-042stab120.3
    There was an update, but kcarectl --check didn indicate that there was an update.

Is this something that is being overlooked in Kernelcare? I would really like to be able to check for updates before having them applied. After all, I thought that was the point of the --check parameter

Comment

Hello,

That looks like a bug, I have reported this to our developers. Will update this thread with any news about it.

Thanks for letting us know.

Comment

Any update on this? Because I see that its still not working.

Comment

I see this bug is In progress state now. But, could you please provide me with the output of "kcarectl --patch-info" ?

Comment

The strange thing is, this was working just fine and then just all of a sudden stopped working.

And now it doesn appear to be a high priority to get it back to working condition.

Comment

Scott,

Sorry, we have the fix, but it is tied up with about 40 other patches -- there is a major revision of kcarectl coming to support smarter patch application - and it is taking us a bit longer to stabilize the userland part.

Comment

Sorry, it got stuck in code reviews. Updated package was just released, and it should have --check fixed.

Comment

Working...
                X