Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Daily X-Ray report is sending FROM *two* email addresses, which Google mail rejects.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Daily X-Ray report is sending FROM *two* email addresses, which Google mail rejects.

Hi! I just noticed that my daily PHP X-Ray report is not being successfully delivered to the specified email address.

Reason:

host aspmx.l.google.com [172.217.194.27]
    SMTP error from remote mail server after end of data:
    550-5.7.1 [203.29.241.169] Messages with multiple addresses in From:
    header are
    550 5.7.1 not accepted. cp12-20020a170902e78c00b001bbd2aba533si2833629plb.42 - gsmtp​

Now I'm checking the "Basic WebHost Manager Setup" for the server in question, and I can see the same two email address stored here:

"Enter one or more email addresses to contact in case a problem arises with this server."

So I assume that the PHP X-Ray report is grabbing the above two email address and populating the "From" email address for the Daily report email.

Perhaps allow the "From" email address to be set in the Website Monitoring settings, alongside the "Email to send daily report" setting?

Hello,

Seems you are right, we have created a bugreport about this case: CLPRO-1201 . It will be mentioned in future changelog.

Thanks for reporting!

Comment

If you could let is know when the fix is released, I'd appreciate it. For the time being we've reduced the number of emails down from two to one so that PHP X-Ray Reports will be received successfully, but we really want two email addresses back in there.

Comment

Working...
      X