Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mod_lsapi issues

mod_lsapi

Installed and excited for this handler. Some websites work great, others I am receiving a flood of 500 errors. error_log shows a flood of the following:

Error sending request (lsphp is killed?): ReceiveLSHeader: nothing to read from backend socket
    Child process with pid: xxxx was killed by signal: 11, core dump: 0

Comment

Most common reason for signal 11 is mix of caching engines (APC with Zend etc.) however it should act same way with mod_lsapi and without it.

I worry it will not be easy to track down signal 11, it requires some deep debugging tools like forcing core dump creation, installing php-devel* packages and debugging with gdb .

Comment

Thank you for your quick response Bogdan!

This is with an install with xcache and Zend Guard via easyapache. Do you have a different recommendation?

Thank you!

Comment

A little bit different one on another server:

[Mon Dec 15 21:37:06 2014] [error] [client xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx] [host http://www.somedomaincom] Error sending request(GET / HTTP/1.1); uri(/) content-length(0) (lsphp is killed?): ReceiveLSHeader: nothing to read from backend socket

Comment

I cannot possibly be the only person encountering these errors.

Comment

Did you solve this?
              Ive seen this with opcache on PHP 5.2 with ioncube/zend encoded websites - you should turn off the opcache modules for those.
              The compiling options don include PECL extensions you might have enabled, so "su - <username> and then run php -m" please.

Comment

The same error occurred.

Code:
                [Mon Jul 31 13:16:57.865922 2017] [lsapi:error] [pid 482112:tid 140427902523136] [client XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX:55769] [host [URL]http://www.example.com[/URL]] Backend error on sending request(GET /contact HTTP/1.1); uri(/contact) content-length(0) (lsphp is killed?): ReceiveAckHdr: nothing to read from backend socket, referer: [URL]http://www.example.com/index[/URL]

(480239): Child process with pid: 485461 was killed by signal: 15, core dump: 0
                I activated core dumps in lsphp and following appeared in apache error_log:

Code:
                lsphp master: worker is killed by SEGV signal - increase PMEM limit
                Set limits to unlimited and still crashing. Opcache is also disabled. Any ideas how to solve it?

Comment

There is no easy way to help here. The coredump should be investigated with gdb, perfectly - by our developers.

Better to create support ticket with us.

Comment

Did you find the cause of this?
                    On our LiteSpeed server I see in stderr.log alot of these all the time:
                    2017-11-20 15:47:06.058 [STDERR] (98314): Child process with pid: 113954 was killed by signal: 11, core dump: 0
                    2017-11-20 15:47:07.065 [STDERR] (113958): Child process with pid: 113959 was killed by signal: 11, core dump: 0
                    2017-11-20 15:47:11.060 [STDERR] (51769): Child process with pid: 114313 was killed by signal: 11, core dump: 0
                    2017-11-20 15:47:15.031 [STDERR] (51270): Child process with pid: 114391 was killed by signal: 11, core dump: 0
                    2017-11-20 15:47:15.033 [STDERR] (51211): Child process with pid: 114386 was killed by signal: 11, core dump: 0

How can I easily find which account PMEM limit should be increased?
                    I cannot seem to find any high users in LVE either.

Comment

Hello Morten,

If I understood you correctly, you are using LiteSpeed? The reasons could be different on LiteSpeed and Apache with mod_lsapi. It is better to submit a ticket to our support team: https://cloudlinux.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

Comment

Working...
                      X