Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Limit inodes for reseller packages

Hello,

How to apply the inodes limit to all reseller cPanel accounts?
    Thanks

Hi,

Not sure if I got your question right. Resellers cannot manage INODE limits. Neither his own nor for his users.

From another hand, the reseller in cPanel is a 'virtual instance' who manages users, as well as a regular system user so inode limits should be applied to him in a regular way.

To ensure we are talking about the same - inode limits are those which work on a Linux system level, just another part of quota service/tools.

Comment

Hello,

I need to apply different inode limits to 2 resellers.
      WHM Reseller 1 : 100000 inodes to all cPanel sub accounts.
      WHM Reseller 2 : 500000 inodes to all cPanel sub accounts.

Comment

The inode limits are set not per reseller, but per package (in your case per reseller package(s) for their users). You as the admin have to modify reseller packages and set the inode limits. They will be applied automatically to sub-accounts after ~5 minutes.

Comment

It works, but how to apply the limit to all packages at once? Because I have more than 100 packages.

Comment

It is possible to use the cl-quota tool, some examples could be seen in this guide: https://docs.cloudlinux.com/command-...tions-examples

However, you would have to play with exporting the package list, then do some awk/print etc. But yes, it is doable.

Comment

Is it possible to apply the inodes limits to any new package created by a reseller? for example 100000 inodes to any new package created by a reseller.

Comment

Originally posted by maromania View Post
                Is it possible to apply the inodes limits to any new package created by a reseller? for example 100000 inodes to any new package created by a reseller.

It's not possible to do that automatically. You will have to script such functionality and run it with the cronjob.

Comment

Working...
                X