X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• memory usage presentation

Hello,

We
    e new to cloudlinux and these last days i was checking about the plugins for LVE.

Regarding the end-user plugin, id love if the memory usage was presented like the CPU usage so the user cannot see the actual limit as i believe that could be misleading ( e.g. "server only has 512MB/1GB/XY ram?!" )

I was wondering if that could be done by tweaking the plugin interface but in that case wouldn the changes overwritten by a future update?

Doing something like that would require patching perl code, and it would get overwritten by next update.

Comment

Is there any way that this would be considered a future feature?

Comment

Sure. I just need to figure out that it is actually needed / get more people asking for it.

Comment

@Op I think a percent based limit could indeed remove the discussion over how much ram you provide to the client, but not letting them know might also trigger the clients to ask how much they really get. Maybe it should be a choice to the server owner which one he would like to show to his clients.

@Igor You say this script would be automatically overwritten, would it not be possible to simply run the postupcp script to fix this? assuming and assuming the updates you talk about are coming from the yum updates ran in the upcp script from cpanel and there will not be many updates to this plugin ?

Comment

There will be updates to the plugin, it will just come from cPanel.
            And yes, you can put up a script in postupcp to run a patch each time cPanel updates.

Comment

I would prefer not to have this feature added. We don oversell and we don like to lie to our clients about our servers RAM

Comment

> Rudi wrote:
                > I would prefer not to have this feature added. We don oversell and we don like to lie to our clients about our servers RAM

As the topic starter, i must clarify something: This has nothing to do with overselling. To me, this would be ideal for shared hosting customers where the RAM is of course NOT guaranteed as its a ....shared environment.

And as i mentioned before this could raise questions and support tickets over a thing that a shared hosting client shouldn worry.
                Example: a web hoster having very high limits ( loose ) - a client could question if the RAM limit is the total memory of the server.

I pretty much find Patricks suggestion ideal, to be able to choose how the limits and usage would be represented to the cPanel plugin ( raw numbers / percentage )

Comment

I agree entirely. I would really like the percentage. Or even raw numbers / percentage / disable.

Comment

Working...
                  X