Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cpanel on cloudlinux from iso image

hi

ive just installed cloudlinux, since i was doing it from scratch, i used the cloudlinux iso image instead of converting from an exsisting centos install.

once the system was up and running, i installed cpanel like normal, however while it lists cloudlinux as the os, theres no lve button in sight. ive had a quick hunt round the forums and couldent find anything, perhaps someone could help me out (im not terribly experienced with linux im afraid, although i can normally rtfm).

do i still need to run the cpanel2cl script thats used for centos conversions to get cpanel to register its running with lve? or is there a different one i need to use?

many thanks

Two things needs to be done:
    1. Make sure you register server. If you have activation key, run:
    # /usr/sbin/rhnreg_ks --activationkey=<key>
    If you have licensed it by ip, run:
    # /usr/sbin/clnreg_ks

2. Install lve-stats
    yum install lve-stats

After that LVE Manager should appear. One thing to check though, is to run:
    /etc/init.d/httpd -M|grep hosting
    If if doesn show that hostinglimits module is loaded, you need to recompile Apache via EasyApache.
    To do that:
    # /scripts/easyapache --build
    Or you can use WHM interface for that.

Comment

thanks for the reply, it worked a treat.

Comment

hi again

im still having some problems getting lve to run.

the manager now appears in cpanel, but its completly empty, my system had somehow become un-authorized, so ive redone that, and updated everything (shows as up to date in my cl control panel)

ive been pokeing round some of the other threads but to no avail, when i try and run lvetop i get command not found, and yet it says lve-utils are installed and up to date.

/etc/init.d/httpd -M|grep hosting
        hostinglimits_module (shared)
        Syntax OK

uname -r
        2.6.18-338.19.1.el5.lve0.8.36

uname -a
        Linux server****************** 2.6.18-338.19.1.el5.lve0.8.36 #1 SMP Wed Jul 27 13:20:06 EEST 2011 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux

any help you could give me would be much appriciated, as i can figure out where ive gone wrong now.

Comment

is it a live server with live traffic?
          Setup some php page on one of the accounts, and hit it repeatedly (either via ab tool, or by refreshing browser page).
          There has to be some live traffic for you to see lve data.
          If you still have any issues -- contact support at helpdesk.cloudlinux.com -- and we will help you.

Comment

Working...
          X