Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Should "Stats->Show TOP LVEs By max CPU for previous 10 minutes always show something?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Should "Stats->Show TOP LVEs By max CPU for previous 10 minutes always show something?

Hello,

I am trying to determine if cloud linux is working correctly on one of our servers.

When I go to WHM LVE plugin and click on the "stats" link and then submit the form for "Show TOP LVEs By max CPU for previous 10 minutes, there are no results returned.

Am I correct that there should *always* be something returned by this selection? ie: It should show a list of the top 10 LVEs for the previous 10 minutes, regardless of what cpu they have actually used...

Thanks.

If it is live server, with live traffic, you should see something there.

Could you provide output of:
    uname -a
    and
    /etc/init.d/httpd -M|grep hosting
    /etc/init.d/httpd -M|grep suexec
    ps aux|grep lvestats
    grep lvestats /var/log/messages
    rpm -qa|grep lve

Basically the most common reason for not seeing output is mod_hostinglimits not being installed. This can be solved by /scripts/easyapache --build
    Sometimes that doesn work if lve-utils or lve-stats package are not installed.

Another reason for not seeing stats is stats serving not working for some reason. Restarting lvestats service might help with that.

The list common reason is suexec being disabled (disable_suexec_module present)

Comment

Hi Igor,

My admins were able to fix this. However, the problem cause and resolution seems a bit odd. What do you think?

So basically... we noticed that the "stats" link in the WHM LVE was no longer displaying anything. (Hence my post above.) I asked my admins to check the output of the ""/etc/init.d/httpd -M|grep hosting" command and here is the response:

------------------------------------------------------
      While checking the command "/etc/init.d/httpd -M|grep hosting" I have got the following warning in the result:

==============
      [Mon Feb 13 07:21:49 2012] [warn] The Alias directive in /usr/local/apache/conf/includes/pre_virtualhost_2.conf at line 4 will probably never match because it overlaps an earlier Alias.
      [Mon Feb 13 07:21:49 2012] [warn] The Alias directive in /usr/local/apache/conf/includes/pre_virtualhost_2.conf at line 10 will probably never match because it overlaps an earlier Alias.
      [Mon Feb 13 07:21:49 2012] [warn] The Alias directive in /usr/local/apache/conf/includes/pre_virtualhost_2.conf at line 11 will probably never match because it overlaps an earlier Alias.
      [Mon Feb 13 07:21:49 2012] [warn] The Alias directive in /usr/local/apache/conf/includes/pre_virtualhost_2.conf at line 18 will probably never match because it overlaps an earlier Alias.
      [Mon Feb 13 07:21:49 2012] [warn] The Alias directive in /usr/local/apache/conf/includes/pre_virtualhost_2.conf at line 19 will probably never match because it overlaps an earlier Alias.
      [Mon Feb 13 07:21:49 2012] [warn] The Alias directive in /usr/local/apache/conf/includes/pre_virtualhost_2.conf at line 20 will probably never match because it overlaps an earlier Alias.
      ================

Upon checking the file "/usr/local/apache/conf/includes/pre_virtualhost_2.conf" I can see some aliases were added and I have commented them out. Now the command is working without any warnings, as confirmed with the following output:

==================
      root@amy [~]# /etc/init.d/httpd -M|grep hosting
      hostinglimits_module (shared)
      Syntax OK
      root@amy [~]#
      ==================
      ------------------------------------------------------------------------

So then I asked the admins what are the aliases that they commented out, and here is the reply:

The following were the aliases we found on the conf file and commented out:

=================
      #Alias /phpdetail.php4 /var/www/p/phpdetail.php4
      #Alias /phpdetail.php5 /var/www/p/phpdetail.php5
      #Alias /phpmodules.php /var/www/p/phpmodules.php
      #Alias /mrtg /usr/local/mrtg
      #Alias /mysql_check/mysql_check.php /var/www/p/mysql_check.php
      #Alias /_php_/_pi_.php /var/www/p/_pi_.php
      =================

So this is a bit odd, since I can see why any of those aliases would cause the LVE stats system to stop working?

What do you think?

Comment

No idea what so ever. I will ask my guys to test it, but I cannot see anyway the two should have an issue.
        Just in case -- could you uncommon it one more time, and see if it causes any issue?
        My guess is that for some reason Apache just didn get restarted/didn load mod_hostinglimits in the first place -- unrelated to those aliases.

Comment

It seems to be working still, even after uncommenting those aliases, so you are probably correct about the restart.

OK.. thanks again!

Comment

Working...
          X