Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Possible to limit disk io for specific cron jobs run by root?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Possible to limit disk io for specific cron jobs run by root?

Hello,
    Is this possible? We are running "maldet" on our server, and it kills the entire server for a few minutes every time it runs. (Maldet launches a find command that uses up disk io, causing all other processes to become backed up and iowait goes to 99% ...)
    What we woud like is for some way to run the maldet cron jobs inside an LVE. The problem is:
    - I dont know if cloudlinux can manage disk io?
    - I dont know if cloudlinux can work for root *only* for the specific cron jobs we specify.
    Thanks.

Latest CL6 kernel can manage disk IO
    You can put any job inside LVE by prefixing it with lve_suwrapper (see lve wrappers in our documentation)

Comment

Thanks. We are using CloudLinux version 5. is there any intention to also put IO management into that CL5 production version?
      (I realize there is a special kernel that allows CL 6 functionality in CL5.. but Im very hesitant to run a non-standard kernel in our production servers...)
      Thanks!

Comment

IO limits will be available only via hybrid kernel. They will never make it as part of CL5 kernel, as it just too old/doesnt have right infrastructure.

Comment

Working...
        X