Running script whenever user hits resources limits

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Running script whenever user hits resources limits

I was wondering if there would be a way to run a script whenever a user hits the resources limits

Hello!

I was wondering if theres anyway i can run a script or command line like top -u Username > report.txt whenever a user hits the resources limits?

Comment

Hi,

There is no way to trigger anything when user hits a limit. You can run a cronjob to trace if there are any faults with lveinfo --by-faults=any then run script/command however it will not be the same as you want as it will be post factum , ~1 minute after an issue happened.

Comment

My primary objective is to trace what processes are making the users hit the resources limit. Ive notice that lve-stats2 now has the option to list the processes. I was wondering if this will give me access to the list of processes that were running at the time the user hit the limit.

Comment

Actually yes, you are right. The snapshots were implemented to lvestats2 specially for this case, to get a list of processes when users hits limits.

Comment

Ive check the lve-stats2 is it not possible to had a more complex process list? All i get is a pid and the process like "php" or "http", was wondering if theres a way of us getting the full script running like top displays when you do a top -c.

Comment

Nice suggestion, let me pass this to our developers, we will see if possible to do it.

Comment

Working...
              X