upgrade mysql governor + mariadb

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• upgrade mysql governor + mariadb

Hi, im using mysql governor with mariadb 10.2 and want to update to mysql governor with mariadb 10.3
    I didnt find any guide for updating, only https://docs.cloudlinux.com/mysql_go...-mysql-version
    Is this the steps for updating? I just just have to run

$ /usr/share/lve/dbgovernor/mysqlgovernor.py --mysql-version=MYSQL_VERSION
    $ /usr/share/lve/dbgovernor/mysqlgovernor.py --install

and the system will automatically remove 10.2 and update to 10.3, or i should something extra?
    Also in this guide it reports that: "If you are using cPanel or DirectAdmin - recompile Apache ."

As i understand Apache4 is installed via packages and dont have to be compiled anymore.

Is there anything im missing?
    best regards,

Hello,

Yes, in order to change MySQL version you should run the following commands:
    $ /usr/share/lve/dbgovernor/mysqlgovernor.py --mysql-version=MYSQL_VERSION
    $ /usr/share/lve/dbgovernor/mysqlgovernor.py --install

where MYSQL_VERSION should be replaced with mariadb103 for MariaDB 10.3.

Please make full database backup (including system tables) before you switch to MariaDB 10.3. This action will prevent data loss in case if something goes wrong.

> As i understand Apache4 is installed via packages and dont have to be compiled anymore.

If you are using EA4, Apache recompile is not needed.

Comment

We have some servers with MariaDB 10.0 and want to upgrade to MariaDB 10.3.
      But do you recommend upgrading first to 10.1 or 10.2 first?

Comment

Hello Morten,
        Thank you for reaching out! First of all, before starting the procedure, you need to make backups of all databases, including system tables. Then it is recommended to go sequentially to 10.1, then to 10.2, and then only to 10.3.
        If you have any other questions, feel free to ask here. Thank you for contacting us.

Comment

Working...
        X