Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Plesk Service Plan Add-ons being treated as Service plans and they should not be

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Plesk Service Plan Add-ons being treated as Service plans and they should not be

Hello.

I am trying to get CL to fix this issue but i am being told it has not been reported by enough people for them to bother.
    however I am sure that if any CL+Plesk user looks into this everyone will be having this bug as i am seeing it on all 9 of my CL+Plesk servers

if you are having the issue i describe below, I am requesting you open your own tickets as well as vote for this to be fixed.
    In Plesk, Service Plans Add-on's are being treated as Service plans by the LVE Manager. This is causing issues with Add-ons that are using LVE defaults are overriding package values for service plans. Example: Default CPU set to 250% Hosting plan bronze is set to 25% Add-on for Plesk called (add 1 email account) is overriding the bronze LVE package stetting and bumping the bronze customers back up to 250% CPU going the other way does not fix the problem Example: Default CPU set to 25% Hosting plan gold is set to 250% Add-on for Plesk called (add 1 email account) is overriding the bronze LVE package stetting and bumping the bronze customers down to 25% CPU instead of leaving them at 250% to fix this, the LVE package manager scraper needs to ignore Plesk Service Plans Add-ons and not treat them as Plesk Service plans.

In Plesk, Service Plans "Add-ons" are being treated as "Service plans" by the LVE Manager.
    This is causing issues with Add-ons that are using LVE defaults that end up overriding package values set for service plans.

Example:
    Default CPU set to 250%
    Hosting plan bronze is set to 25%
    Add-on for Plesk called (add 1 email account) is overriding the bronze LVE package stetting and bumping the bronze customers back up to 250% CPU

going the other way does not fix the problem

Example:
    Default CPU set to 25%
    Hosting plan gold is set to 250%
    Add-on for Plesk called (add 1 email account) is overriding the bronze LVE package stetting and bumping the bronze customers down to 25% CPU instead of leaving them at 250%
    to fix this, the LVE package manager scraper needs to ignore Plesk Service Plans Add-ons and not treat them as Plesk Service plans.

Please check this out for yourself, make a ticket, and vote. This is a silly bug.... not a feature request... I just want CL to make this run as expected.

Thanks

Is this still an issue John? It sounds like selling Plesk add ons, something I was hoping to do, would interfere with our ability to sell additional CPU resources via Cloudlinux... Is there any workaround?

Comment

Hello John Keegan,

yes this issue is fixed now and works fantastic where add-ons are not treated as service plans and ignored by lve manager

you do not have the ability to sell additional resources as add-ones in plesk.

in my view, for shared hosting, if you need more then you need a VPS, the limits are to prevent people from killing your server, i dont think they were ever designed to be treated as a up sale add-on.

Comment

OK thanks for that update, John Shiells. Very helpful.

I think I understand what you mean about it not being possible to sell additional LVE resources (CPU, processes, etc.) as add-ons in Plesk, but it still should be possible to create a separate Service Plan and alter its LVE limits, no?

Totally understand about the best upsell being VPS but sometimes you want to give the client a bridge between shared hosting and VPS, especially since the pricing is usually a big gap... I thought I heard Igor mentioning on one of the webcasts that additional limits as an upsell was one of the supported use cases ...

Comment

Test reply as of 2017-01-19 .

Comment

Working...
          X