Limit CPU and

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Limit CPU and

Hello.[br][br]I have dedicated server has 4 cores with H/Y so 8 is total but physically 4 cores.[br][br]I think giving each account 25 is too high as i am hosting more then 100 sites on this server so what you suggest for me then?[br][br]Because what i know is 25x8 cores = he is getting 200% which means 25% of total server is my calculation right?[br][br]So if i set 2 for each this means 2x8 = 16 which 16% of entire server will be for each?[br][br]Do you recommend me to do that?[br][br]Number of Cores Per LVE*: 1 , Is recommended?[br][br]Regarding to Concurrent Connections , is this for saving traffic? and 20 means what exactly !![br][br]Thank

I would suggest to keep default limits. Because ncpu=1 setings will be in effect, the limit will actually be just 12% of total (system picks smallest of ncpu & cpu).
    And 25% is of total server power, not single core.

concurrent connections is the number of concurrent connections to php/cgi scripts for the site.

Comment

Hello.

How 1 will be in effect? If higher value given then the users will use more CPU usage !!

Comment

Yes, if you increase ncpu above 1, user will be able to use more cores.

Comment

I want give him as low as i can how much shall i set? 0.5 ?? What you recommend?

Comment

You cannot set fractions. The minimal limit is cpu=1
            Though, the site will crawl if you do that.

Comment

I believe that if you set your cpu limits too low then your load could jump very high...

Comment

Keeping value high will make load jump high as well

Then what is the job of cloudlinux?

Comment

The job of cloudlinux is to limit user to meaningful limits.
                  Not to prevent his processes from running by setting very low limits.
                  The limits are top limits, not guaranteed resources. And default limits are well optimized for servers running 10 to 5000 customers.

Comment

We use the CPU limits in our plans. Be careful not to set the limits to low but don be afraid to share. Its very rare that more then 1 site will be using all the juice you give them.

You are pooling resources so you have room to play. CloudLinux does a great job of giving you the tools you need to measure a vhost usage. I suggest you setup your node and then run a loadimpact.com test against each vhost to identify if you have created your vhost setup properly.

Cloud Linux work great for our company. We can easily host 8,000 vhost on a 24 disk jbod and 12 cores.

http://www.cloudaccess.net/pricing.html << look at how we sell our services using CloudLinux.

Gary Brooks

Comment

Working...
                    X