X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kernel-Devel Problem

2.6.32-379.22.1.lve1.2.20.el6

Hi all,

I need to install a kernel module for my network card so im having to use the following rpm package:

kernel-devel-2.6.32-379.22.1.lve1.2.20.el6.x86_64.rpm

This doesnt work however, i think because the kernel installed when using cldeploy is:

2.6.32-379.22.1.lve1.2.17.el6

I cant yum upgrade with no network connectivity so im kind of stuck with that kernel.

Is the difference in versions likely to be causing this issue? im seeing the same error as reported here:

If so is there anywhere i can get the older kernel-devel package or upgrade the kernel manually with rpm?

Thanks in advance!

Comment

yum install kernel-devel-`uname -r`

Comment

I get:

no package kernel-devel-2.6.32-379.22.1.lve1.2.17.el6.x86_64.rpm available

Same with kernel-headers.

Comment

Could you do:
          yum clean all
          yum install
          yum install kernel-devel-`uname -r`

and provide full output -- all the lines.

Comment

Well I cant currently connect to any repos as i have no network connectivity so yum just fails. The kernel module i need to install is the network card driver so the server is isolated. This also makes it difficult to copy any output. I think i need to obtain the rpm package for kernel-devel-2.6.32-379.22.1.lve1.2.17.el6.x86_64.rpm and install from cd? but i can only find the lve1.2.20 package.

Comment

If you have no network connectivity - you will not be able to install packages. You need system connected to network with CLN subscription to download it.

Comment

Ok thanks Igor, I thought there may have been an RPM somewhere i can burn to CD and use. Ill have to get a pci nic that works i guess.

Comment

Working...
                X