Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cpu usage for lsphp process too high

Hi Guys,

Looking forward for your help. i have some problem with one of our server.

16 CPU
    32GB RAM

We have disabled csf and optimum cache in the server, but still we can see the utilization for lsphp process is high sometime 100%. so far i can see, my server can only handle up to 100 connections only. if more then that, the web access become slow as cpu idle process goes to 0%. Please advise, how to troubleshoot this.

Thanks,

after did some troubleshooting and server reboot. the utilization become normal again, however, we notice when we enable csf, web access become slow. and sometime, the utilization become higher. temporarily we disable csf and seems like the webserver perform very well. looking forward how to enable back csf. but scare if it affect web performance again.

Comment

Hi,

Well, its really strange, we had no reports that csf could cause such performance issues, especially for lsapi. We would like to investigate this on your server, please create a support ticket at https://helpdesk.cloudlinux.com/

Comment

Hi Faizal,

How many iptables rules/blocked ips are you having? Iptables is not good for more than a couple of hundred blocked IPs.

/Tommy

Comment

I also saw high CPU usage when there were ~4K rules in iptables.

Comment

im not sure how much currently as i disabled csf. i just notice that when csf is enabled, access speed to the website become slower. will open a support case.

thanks.

Comment

You should consider using ipset for larger blocklists instead of iptables. CSF is working great with ipset and I have ~40K IPs blocked without any significant performance impact.

Comment

Working...
              X