Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PHP 5.6.29

PHP 5.6.29 released?

Any plans to update PHP 5.6 to 5.6.29? That was released December 8th.

PHP 7.0.14 was also released on December 8th. Any plans to update to it?

Have I missed these updates?

Comment

Or perhaps Im using the wrong PHP.

Perhaps Im still using alt-php instead of the new ea-php?

How do you switch to ea-php from alt-php? Ive done the EA4 conversion.

Comment

It looks like alt-php56 - 5.6.29.2.el6 - never made it out of the testing repository. Is that by design? Or has this just been an oversight by someone?

Is nobody else using alt-php? Has nobody else noticed this?

Am I missing something some where?

Comment

Hi,

We have just released to stable php 5.6-29 and 7.0.14 : https://www.cloudlinux.com/cloudlinu...p-updated-1-13 .

Switching alt-php to ea-php is not trivial and was never automated. All should be done manually from users cpanel.

Comment

I guess Im having trouble wrapping my head around all of this.

alt-php is CloudLinuxs PHP, correct? It was available back with EasyApache3. It is still available with EasyApache4, correct? It also falls under the realm of PHP Selector

ea-php is cPanels PHP. It is only available in EasyApache4. It falls under the realm of MultiPHP.

CloudLinux releases their own ea-php packages. Correct? Im assuming these are based heavily on cPanels ea-php but are patched with certain CloudLInux attributes. The CloudLinux ea-php packages supersede cPanels ea-php packages. Its not possible to install cPanels ea-php packages on a CloudLinux system. Is all of this correct?

I was of the understanding that a server needed to either use alt-php (PHP Selector) OR ea-php (MultiPHP) not both.

Im not seeing where ea-php can be selected in the users cPanel. But perhaps Im missing something.

The only way I seem to be able to use ea-php for a user is if I disable their CageFS. Is that correct?

Is alt-php going to continue to be updated? Or is CloudLinux moving everything over to their ea-php system? If alt-php is going to be discontinued, then it would seem that I am missing some way of having ea-php in use WITH CageFS.

Im just trying to figure out how all of this works. Im sure Im overthinking it a bit some where. But Im having trouble connecting the dots.

Comment

You can have both selectors enabled and available in cPanel. Our is called Select PHP Version while cpanels is MultiPHP Manager.

Our PHP Selector works only with alt-php* packages. Their MultiPHP Manager works only with ea-php* packages. Buth selectors works with CageFS enabled. However, please review explanation how it goes with different scenarious: http://docs.cloudlinux.com/index.htm...or_cpanel.html

If you do not see MultiPHP Manager - most probably it is disabled with WHM > Packages > Feature Manager . Or you just do not have different versions of ea-php packages installed.

The idea of Hardened PHP is that we will support alt-php packages for as long as someone needs them. There are no EOL even on PHP4.4 from Hardened PHP.

Comment

Ill have to look at the ea-php system under CageFS in more detail later. I was not able to get it working when I tried it earlier this morning, although I didnt spend a lot of time on it.

Its really not as much of an issue, as long as alt-php is going to continue to be updated. Was the delay of alt-php 5.6.29 reaching production from testing of about a month, was that just an oversight?

As long as you will continue to release alt-php versions of PHP 5.6, PHP 7.0, and PHP 7.1 then this shouldnt be an issue, Ill just continue to use alt-php.

I thought that perhaps you had stopped developing in-life PHP packages for alt-php and perhaps moved to ea-php for this.

Comment

That alt-php-5.6.29 is surely just an oversight. There are no plans to stop releasing alt-php , you are safe to use them.

Comment

Working...
                  X