Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• disable versions alt-php in the "MultiPHP Manager"

Hello,

cloudlinux ets installed on my CPANEL server, however when I go in the "MultiPHP Manager", I have php ea-php but also alt-php versions
    Do you know how to disable these versions in the "MultiPHP Manager" drop-down menu?

Hello,

Please let us know if there is a special reason that you dont want to use PHP provided by us, or please clarify, why do you need to remove alt-php handlers (if you wish to keep the alt-php group installed).

The simplest way is to remove alt-php packages group: # yum groupremove alt-php

Unfortunately, it is not possible to just remove alt-php from multiPHP Manager without uninstalling.

Comment

Hello,

I thank you for your return.
      The command does not solve this problem, because after launching it the cloudlinux selector says no atl package is installed

Comment

Hello,

Im sorry, but this is correct behavior. PHP Selector uses alt-php* packages, so if you want to use it, you need to select alt-php in multiPHP Manager.

For further information, please refer to our doc section: http://docs.cloudlinux.com/index.htm...or_cpanel.html

Comment

Hello,
          I thank you for your return
          I do not want to use the alt-php packages but only ea-php packages.
          currently, on the "selector" of LVE Manager version 5.5, 5.6, 7.0 and 7.1 is enabled, which is found on the cpanel of a client (MultiPHP Manager) offers versions alt-php and ea-php version .
          I wish you that in this section only the ea-php version are active.

Relative to the documentation provided, the ea-php56 version is selected in the "MultiPHP Manager".

Comment

Hello Sylvain,

It is not possible to use ea-php with PHP Selector.

> currently, on the "selector" of LVE Manager version 5.5, 5.6, 7.0 and 7.1 is enabled,

This means which alt-php versions are available for the end user only, but it is not possible to use ea-php provided by cPanel with CloudLinux PHP Selector

Comment

Hello,
              I thank you for your return

Im sorry, but I do not understand that very well.
              When I am on a CPANEL of a client in the section "PHP Selector | extensions" 4 versions of php are available.
              They are the same version as in cloudlinux and the "selector" section.

But when I go to the "MultiPHP Manager" section, always on the cpanel of a client in the "PHP Version" section, I find alt-php * versions and ea-php * versions.
              What does the term ea-php and alt-php correspond to?
              And in this section we can not display the ea-php * version for example?

Comment

Hello,

ea-php - those packages are delivered by cPanel, and can be used only with multiPHP Manager.
                alt-php - packages are delivered by CloudLinux and can be used only with PHP Selector.

More deep explanation about PHP Selector and cPanel integration you can find here.

You can also disable one feature to avoid such situations, and leave only one available to the end user.
                multiPHP Manager can be disabled in WHM -- Features Manager, and PHP Selector in WHM -- LVE Manager -- selector tab

Comment

Which is good to use? EA-PHP or ALT-PHP ?

In my fresh cPanel server I am trying Cloudlinux first time, followed instructions and setup alt-php and php selector and all works fine. Then I found that the PHP 5.3 version is now available with Easy Apache 4 also (before cloudlinux installation it was not there). So I have provisioned that also via EA4 with Opcache & LSAPI

But now my server has duplicate installations of PHP 53, 5.6, 7.0,7.1 in both EA & ALT versions..so really confused which one to depend.

From a security perspective and performance level which one is good? We can remove the unwanted right

# rpm -qa |grep ea-php >ea-php-list.txt (attached)
                  # rpm -qa |grep alt-php >alt-php-list.txt (attached)

Comment

If you are running Easy Apache 4, stick to EA-PHP packages. Alt-PHP are for non-EA4 cases.

Comment

I have a somehow similar "problem". I need to remove alt-php44 from our multi-server to enable a new server to be added. Its matching everything but this alt-php44 extension which is way too old to use anyway and is not being used on any of the other servers.

Comment

Chris,

If you are sure theres nobody left using alt-php44 on your server, please submit a ticket at https://cloudlinux.zendesk.com so our team can help you with its removal.

Comment

The removal process for Alt-PHP versions is also described at https://docs.cloudlinux.com/php_selector_cpanel.html [attachment]alt-php.jpg[/attachment]

Comment

From the above responses:

Disable the "PHP selector" in LVE in the WHM console

Configure the PHP versions in "MultiPHP Manager". Edit the alt-php config file and select the versions you want in "MultiPHP Manager".
                            # vim /opt/alt/alt-php-config/alt-php.cfg
                            [MultiPHP Manager]
                            alt-php44 = no
                            alt-php51 = no
                            alt-php52 = no
                            alt-php53 = no
                            alt-php54 = no
                            alt-php55 = no
                            alt-php56 = no
                            alt-php70 = no
                            alt-php71 = yes
                            alt-php72 = yes
                            alt-php73 = yes

And Run
                            # /opt/alt/alt-php-config/multiphp_reconfigure.py

If you get this error add the version to the config file.
                            ERROR : Could not parse alt-php.cfg:
                            No option alt-php73 in section: MultiPHP Manager

Comment

Hello Hermann,
                              Thanks for following up! Yes, you`re right.

Comment

Working...
                              X