Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Plesk and multiple versions of PHP (5.3+5.5), adding extensions for non-native PHP version

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Plesk and multiple versions of PHP (5.3+5.5), adding extensions for non-native PHP version

Which is the best way (other than compiling) to install packages like php-soap and xdebug for the alternative PHP version ?

Hi,

I am trying to install a few modules for the alternative version of PHP (both enabled on Plesk, php 5.3 and 5.5) but If I install a package using yum it will be available only for PHP 5.3 (native version). But PHP 5.5 will not have it.

Is there a way to install php extensions for PHP5.5 using yum as well ? I try to avoid compiling, not because I have any problems compiling, it is just annoying and probably unnecessary and I would like to know how to do it the "cloudlinux" way.

I have also installed PHP Selector for Plesk, but it will only display current installed modules in the PHP extensions settings, so I cannot really enable soap or xdebug if it was not there. Am I missing something ?

Any comment or advice will be appreciated.

Kind regards,

OS CloudLinux Server 6.5 (Pavel Popovich) Plesk Panel version 11.5.30 Update #32, last updated at Feb 7, 2014 03:40 AM

The system is up-to-date; last checked at Feb 9, 2014 03:37 AM

Comment

Got the answer after re-reading documentation

Code:
        yum groupinstall alt-php:
      Then packages names are alt-phpXX-module

Comment

Working...
      X