PHP pages sometimes come up blank

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PHP pages sometimes come up blank

New Server running cloudlinux. It will load PHP pages for a customer for a few reloads and then it ends up giving a blank page. If I wait awhile it will load a couple more, and then go back to serving blank pages.

Restart apache and it will load for awhile before serving blank pages again.

Trying to find some type of logs to give me an idea of whats going on, but doesn seem to be any info logged anywhere that I can find.

I am running under suPHP. One customer on this box right now, so no load. My ve.cfg file contains:

<lveconfig>
    <defaults>
    <cpu limit="20"></cpu>
    <io limit="20"></io>
    <other maxEntryProcs="20" />
    </defaults>
    </lveconfig>

perhaps those numbers need to be tweaked. I should note that this happens with just single page loads, not doing any type of load testing. Just clicking on some links like regular browsing.

Comment

As some followup info. I can disable the modhostinglimits module and it seems to run fine. Turn it back on, and I get the same issue. Doing a lveps -p while its serving a blank page however is empty. So if its due to the limits being met, its just giving a blank page instead but there really are no other processes running under this user at that time.

Comment

Ran a benchmark to get some traffic:

ab -n 300 -c 3 http://domain.com/index.php

# lveps -d
        LVE REF PNO TNO UID GID CPU MEM I/O
        504 11 22 22 N/A N/A 1% 45720 N/A

# cat /proc/lve/list
        veid refs cpu io cpu_usage
        504 26 19 20 29532210924

But its just giving me blank pages, not saying server busy. And it will give them only after browsing a couple of pages when it doesn appear that the limits are being reached.

Ive disabled LVE for now, but really want to get this working properly obviously

Comment

Rick,

Which control panel are you running?
          Also, could you see if there is anything in /var/log/messages?

Comment

Just wanted to post a followup for this in case anyone stumbles upon similar issues. With some excellent assistance fr om both Igor and Alexey everything is running as it should be now. It appears that I had an outdated mod_hostinglim its module.

Thanks again guys for the superb support and assistance.

Comment

Working...
            X