Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cloudlinux 7 Production Ready?

Hi,

Very simple question, but is Cloudlinux 7 production ready yet?
    I know there were some kernel issues and that CL7 was constantly crashing. Have these been resolved yet?

We also had kernel crashing on 2 out of 3 new servers.
    cPanel installed snap:
    Contribute to CpanelInc/tech-SysSnapv2 development by creating an account on GitHub.

But kernel have not crashed yet, but I would not recommend it for production yet.
    There are no new kernel released yet and we are using:
    3.10.0-329.7.2.lve1.4.4.el7.x86_64

Comment

Today we have moved a new server to production: https://www.cloudlinux.com/cloudlinu...l-released-1-1

We are really positive about it, however still recommend CL6 as more stable solution.

Comment

Just installed it on my x86_64 machine but the for the i686 I get No package kernel-3.10.0-427.10.1.lve1.4.7.el7 available.
        No package kmod-lve-1.4-7.el7 available.
        Error: Nothing to do

current: 2.6.32-673.8.1.lve1.4.3.el6.i686
        ?

Comment

Ive replied in another thread, duplicating here to not leave it unanswered. Current kernel is CL6 while we are talking about CL7 machines. And I suppose your other x64 machine was CL7 also.

Comment

Hi Bogdan,

Have you had any reports of issues since the 3.10.0-427.10.1.lve1.4.7.el7 release?

We deploying a whole bunch of new servers would prefer to go with CL7. I would hate to go with CL6 if I dont have too, as full updates stop for CentOS 6 next year.

Comment

Weve been running Cloudlinux 7 on a production server with 300 accounts and apart from a bug that forced us to reboot because new accounts weren accessible we haven had any actual crashes.

Yesterday we encountered a bug with crontab having the wrong chmod (755 instead of 4755) but apart from that everything has been smooth.

We run kernel care, I don know if it applied the latest bug fixes or if we have to reboot again for that.

Cloudlinux 6 is defently more stable than Cloudlinux 7, but in our oppinion Cloudlinux 7 is production ready. The more people that use it the more stable it will get.

Comment

We had two reports about issues with CL7 kernel, going to release another kernel update in few days. Unfortunately it is not so stable as we would like it to be. However yes with every release its more stable.

Comment

Its been a month since your last post, has CL7 reached the ready for production point yet?

Comment

Weve had no crashes so far with our 300 accounts. We dont use db governor as we had issues with it on Cloulînux 6 and from what Ive read there have been some bugs causee by it on CL7.

So far were glad to have gone with cloudlinux 7 and not 6.

Comment

Most probably it depends from different hardware used. As of now we still to not recommend CloudLinux 7 for production server, however have few thousands of running servers already. The chance of collision is like 0.1% of total count.

Comment

> Most probably it depends from different hardware used. As of now we still to not recommend CloudLinux 7 for production server, however have few thousands of running servers already. The chance of collision is like 0.1% of total count.

With CentOS 6 ending full updated in February 2017 (9 months away) isn it cutting production ready a bit close?

Comment

According to https://access.redhat.com/support/policy/updates/errata the end of production phase for RH6 is November 30, 2020 .

Comment

We have it now on some servers and haven had any issues and kernel crashes lately. So we will go for it on all new servers we setup

Comment

Hello, any update about CL7 for production environment?

Comment

Working...
                              X