Problem OVH Cpanel Cloudlinux

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problem OVH Cpanel Cloudlinux

Hello, Ive always used OVH with normal Cpanel / Cloudlinux, and now Ive hired 2 new servers and Im having problems in both.

- after installation of Centos 7.3 + Cpanel, I do the installation of the server, soon after the reboot the server does not return.

When accessing the IPM of the OVH, the message grub>

For the server to come back, I have to go to boot and select a 3.14 vanilla kernel and select boot by network, so when server comes back, I can not install cagefs because the kernel is not compatible.

Has any change been made? Because the years I always used without problems.

Whoever had this problem, could you tell us how you solved it?

Hello,

Was the installation process clean and without any warning messages? Do you actually have our kernel installed and a files in /boot/ ?

Also, there were some issues initiating RAID configs on OVH servers, we have made kb article about the same: http://kb.cloudlinux.com/2016/11/run...th-ovh-server/

Comment

You could do a step-by-step tutorial, because this one is not working for nvme ovh disks, I followed the above steps but they did not work, they could add problem solving information, so I would not have to open a ticket every time for you.

Comment

We have performed a large number of OVH setups and above KB article covers them all. Even more, the latest cldeploy script have a fix where it generate proper mdadm.conf and grub configs for OVH so it should be easier to setup now.

If you are still have issues with OVH it is really better to create a ticket so we can help setting it up and decide if instructions needs correction. We are interested to review your setup.

Comment

I already have a ticket opened, I received a new ovh server with nvme disks today, the problem continues, when installing cldeploy and reboot, system does not return, I need to access ovh manager and select boot by network and vanilla kernel that is not compatible with cloudlinux.

Comment

Hey, we are considering this situation internally. I will update this thread as soon as will have some news.

Comment

I have performed some further tests and still was not able to reproduce the issues. I have updated original kb article to check if CloudLinux is selected to be booted with grub.

We are interested finding out the core of the issues, support team has been informed to record any strange things about OVH. If anyone are experiencing issues switching OVH to CloudLinux - welcome to our ticketing system.

Comment

I have 2 servers, problem occurs on new servers with nvme disks, with normal ssd the problem does not occur.

Comment

I have requested tests for OVH servers with nvme disks. Thanks for reporting this.

Comment

OK! Thank you for the attention you give to your customers. Waiting for a solution, I have 2 new nvme servers, just waiting for a solution for me to install the cloudlinux system on them.

Comment

Hey, could you please clarify how the setup was done exactly? We are preparing a test environment now.
                      Did you used CL7 template or started with CentOS and then converted to CL7?

Comment

CentOS 7.3 and then converted to CL7

Comment

Have you used default Raid1 configuration?

Comment

I tested raid 0 and raid 1

8196 swap
                            / Remaining space

Comment

Hi,

We have performed a bunch of different tests and configurations, tried converting centos and with cpanel and all the time were getting properly working server with our CloudLinux kernel.

Are you still affected with this issue? Please create support ticket with us and we will check situation in place.

Comment

Working...
                              X