Problem OVH Cpanel Cloudlinux

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello,

If the OP opens a ticket, please update this thread with the final outcome, as we are standing by and waiting to obtain similar servers if there is either no issue or an official solution to the issue.

Thank you!

Comment

Just checking to see if this issue is still occurring at this time with the OP, and if not, what were the steps taken to resolve the issue?

Comment

I have 3 clients and all with the same problems, that is, not in my installation, because everyone reported the same problem.

More than 1 month and no solution, really tricky to pay for something that does not work right.

Comment

Have you opened a support ticket with CloudLinux as they have requested, so that they can look into this?

Comment

Hey, we are really interested sorting out this issue. As we were not able to reproduce it with our tests - would like to investigate already broken environment.

Yes, we need a tickets for every issue that happens with OVH .

Comment

Hello,
              I just have the very same problem,
              This is my first server with OVH but before I had other server that were I made the installation without any problem.

After I have installed WHM I followed the instructions to instal cloudlinux from:

Then when its time to reboot, the server is not reachable anymore

I got

Destination Host Unreachable From ######: Destination Host Unreachable

--- ########## ping statistics ---
              10 packets transmitted, 0 packets received, +6 errors, 100% packet loss

I have reinstalled WHM 2 times with the same result,

Someone has found a solution?

I tried to follow:

and http://kb.cloudlinux.com/2015/05/how...-cloudlinux-7/
              but got not success.

Please let me know if more information is needed to resolve this or if someone was able to fix this.

Thank you

Comment

Hi Ricardo,

We are interested investigating every different OVH installs, please create support ticket with us and we will be able to check and fix it.

Comment

Hello!

We have just updated cldeploy script so it will check GRUB configuration on OVH servers and print errors when found.

Please try.

Comment

Hello,
                    Thank you for your follow up,
                    The Support team from cloudlinux helped me to fix it,
                    I was told that was about the grub2 settings
                    Thanks your your help,
                    Best regards.

Comment

Thanks Ricardo for the update.

Could you provide the steps you had to take to resolve the issue?

Comment

Hello Baby,
                        Sure, the main reason of the fix was that the Cloudlinux support team helped me all the way so I would suggest you to do the same if your facing something similar but maybe you have more knowledge on this so you can use this information that were the steps and responses that I got on the ticket (some configurations were made by the support team and not by me)
                        Hope it Helps.

It is known that sometimes boot can be improperly configured to work with CloudLinux. It is not related to cPanel. Here is a checklist you need to look before rebooting server:
                        Checkilist if our kernel is not booting on OVH :

1. add raid autospin to /etc/default/grub
                        GRUB_CMDLINE_LINUX="net.ifnames=0 rd.auto=1"

2. regenerate grub.cfg
                        grub2-mkconfig -o /boot/grub2/grub.cfg

make cloudlinux kernel default if needed

3. create following file

cat /etc/dracut.conf.d/raid.conf
                        add_drivers="$add_drivers raid1 raid0"

4. re-create initrd (please note that different kernel version may be used, so correct command accordingly)
                        dracut -f /boot/initramfs-3.10.0-427.10.1.lve1.4.7.el7.x86_64.img 3.10.0-427.10.1.lve1.4.7.el7.x86_64

5. Check if raid modules are present on initrd
                        lsinitrd /boot/initramfs-3.10.0-427.10.1.lve1.4.7.el7.x86_64.img | grep raid..ko
                        -rw-r--r-- 1 root root 26065 Apr 2 17:54 usr/lib/modules/3.10.0-427.10.1.lve1.4.7.el7.x86_64/kernel/drivers/md/raid0.ko
                        -rw-r--r-- 1 root root 63945 Apr 2 17:54 usr/lib/modules/3.10.0-427.10.1.lve1.4.7.el7.x86_64/kernel/drivers/md/raid1.ko

Ive re-checked your grub settings and found several issues, so Ive corrected your config /etc/default/grub (its original is /etc/default/grub.old) and also created the file /boot/efi/EFI/centos/grub.cfg. I think this time the server should be able to boot with CL kernel.

Please switch in your OVH panel the boot mode to boot from HDD and reboot the server. In case, if it will be unable to boot, please switch the boot mode back to CentOS vanilla kernel and contact us. Or, you can provide us access (login info) to your OVH panel and well try to reboot, but only after your confirmation.

I tried to reconfigure grub2 settings. Please, try to restart once again.

After all this I changed the server to boot from HDD worked perfectly.

Comment

I too have this same problem. CloudLinux support was able to fix this but if I ever do a hard reboot from the OVH Manager, the server goes back to the grub> screen and the server does not come back online unless I switch the netboot and contact CloudLinux support to fix it again.

Comment

You mentioned that the issue occurs after doing a hard reboot. Did you mean that there are no problems when you do a soft reboot?

We’ve only done soft reboots so far for OS updates etc. and never thought hard reboots would cause an issue, but can’t test now since there are live sites involved.

Comment

> You mentioned that the issue occurs after doing a hard reboot. Did you mean that there are no problems when you do a soft reboot?
                              >
                              > We’ve only done soft reboots so far for OS updates etc. and never thought hard reboots would cause an issue, but can’t test now since there are live sites involved.

That is correct. As long as I do not have to do a hard reboot via the OVH manager (https://ca.ovh.com/manager), I do not have any problems.

I installed an OVH Centos 7 + cPanel template, converted immediately to CL 7 and only once I did a hard reboot did I have issues with the server coming online. Checking via IMPI reflects a grub> prompt. The only way to get the server to come back online after a hard reboot, like others have stated, is by switching to netboot to OVHs kernel.

I have a couple live sites on the server but am happy to let you test if it results in a resolution for myself and others. ^_^

Comment

Have you tried the OVH CloudLinux 7 template? Maybe that doesn’t have the hard reboot issues. That’s also the one we’re using, although we haven’t tried a hard reboot on that.

Comment

Working...
                                X