No announcement yet.

Problem OVH Cpanel Cloudlinux

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No, I have not tried it that way. I have so much data on this server now that I would just rather the issue get resolved.

Comment

We have had the same issue this week with an OVH nvme server this week. RAID 1 2x 450GB SSD SP32 server.

We applied cpanel and cloudlinux license to ip before stating.
      We did a fresh install using the OVH template of cpanel centos 7. As soon as the install finished it we were asked to restart the server which we did, it didnt come back online. IT rebooted and came up with a grub error. (so ovh told us)
      So we did a another install with the template (same one), once the install completed we ran the command to convert the server to cloudlinux which immediately prompted us to update the GRUB, once we did this we rebooted the server and it seemed to reboot ok this time.

I am going to raise a ticket with CloudLinux to make sure its all looking good thou, but this method may help others. I am not sure if its a cloud linux issue or cpanel? or if cpanel install is picking up the cloudlinux license and installing half of it? I dunno.

Comment

Is there a particular reason you’re installing CloudLinux after cPanel/WHM?

We have a server with OVH and simply selected CloudLinux (not CentOS) from their list of OS templates, and then installed cPanel/WHM.

It doesn’t exhibit the issues described in this thread.

Comment

Hello,

Please submit a ticket to https://cloudlinux.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/requests/new, we will take a closer look

Comment

Today CloudLinux support fix problem on my server.

Same as you, dedicated with CL & cPanel and NVMe drives, fresh installation.

> Create symlink:
            >
            > /etc/grub2.cfg should point to /boot/efi/EFI/centos/grub.cfg

Comment

I wonder why /boot/efi/EFI/centos/grub.cfg still exists after you converted from CentOS to CloudLinux.

On our machine (using OVH CloudLinux template, so no conversion from CentOS needed), /etc/grub2.cfg points to /boot/grub2/grub.cfg instead, which seems to work fine.

Comment

Hello,

> /etc/grub2.cfg points to /boot/grub2/grub.cfg instead, which seems to work fine.
                This is valid only for systems without UEFI firmware. It appears that it was UEFI-Based Machines.
                Therefore /etc/grub2.cfg > /boot/efi/EFI/centos/grub.cfg symlink is needed.

Comment

grep: /boot/efi/EFI/centos/grub.cfg: No such file or directory

[WARNING] Kernel 3.10.0-714.10.2.lve1.5.17.1.el7.x86_64 GRUB entry is missing
                  [ERROR] Kernel 3.10.0-714.10.2.lve1.5.17.1.el7.x86_64 initramfs GRUB entry is missing and cannot be automatically added due to unknown reasons, please fix GRUB config manually

this is the error getting from fresh cloudlinux insallation
                  after i did yum update

*delete previous post

Comment

Hello,

Please submit a ticket to https://cloudlinux.zendesk.com, our techs will check the issue in place.

Comment

Working...
                    X