Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Installing on a running Debian server

Hey,

I would like to test Cloudlinux of one of my servers. The server runs in a VM (openvz) with debian wheezy with a few user accounts.
    Do I need to setup a new machine with CentOS or is it possible to install it simply via Custombuild?

Since the openvz container uses the hosts kernel I think I need to setup a kvm machine running centos...

It would be glad if someone could give me a small hint how to install it correctly.

Regards,
    axlf

Neiter OpenVZ or Debian is supported. So yes, you would need to setup CentOS, and use different virtualization (like KVM, Xen or VMware)

Comment

When might we expect Debian support? Thanks

Comment

Hello Michael,
        Thank you for reaching out! CloudLinux OS is a CentOS-based system and is compatible only with it https://cloudlinux.com/getting-start...ms-and-devices. Unfortunately, Debian systems cannot be converted to CloudLinux. Please let us know if you have any questions. Thanks in advance!

Comment

> Hello Michael,
          > Thank you for reaching out! CloudLinux OS is a CentOS-based system and is compatible only with it https://cloudlinux.com/getting-start...ms-and-devices. Unfortunately, Debian systems cannot be converted to CloudLinux. Please let us know if you have any questions. Thanks in advance!

Many thanks for that complete information!

Comment

> Many thanks for that complete information!

Hello JanRomero,
            Thanks for the feedback, please let us know if you have any questions.
            Thanks in advance!

Comment

Debian 9 Boot Menu.
              Select Debian 9 Installation Language.
              Select Country Location.
              Select Location Region.
              Select Location Country.
              Configure Country Locales.
              Select Keyboard Layout.
              Debian 9 Installer Components

Comment

Working...