X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shell access is not working in cagefs+cpanel server

Shell access is not working in cagefs+cpanel server

Hi,

We can enable users to ssh using normal shell in cpanel after installing cagefs.

It connects for 1 sec and connection is closed.

This is the ssh log,

Jun 6 14:33:05 colXXXXx sshd[11008]: Accepted password for videofan from 115.119.57.2 port 47862 ssh2
    Jun 6 14:33:05 colXXXXx sshd[11008]: pam_unix(sshd:session): session opened for user videofan by (uid=0)
    Jun 6 14:33:05 colXXXXx sshd[11008]: error: PAM: pam_open_session(): Cannot make/remove an entry for the specified session
    Jun 6 14:33:06 colXXXXx sshd[11153]: Received disconnect from 115.119.57.2: 11: disconnected by user
    Jun 6 14:33:14 colXXXXx sshd[11191]: Accepted password for videofan from 115.119.57.2 port 47866 ssh2
    Jun 6 14:33:14 colXXXXx sshd[11191]: pam_unix(sshd:session): session opened for user videofan by (uid=0)
    Jun 6 14:33:14 colXXXXx sshd[11191]: error: PAM: pam_open_session(): Cannot make/remove an entry for the specified session
    Jun 6 14:33:15 colXXXXx sshd[11213]: Received disconnect from 115.119.57.2: 11: disconnected by user

Comment

What is in your:
      /etc/pam.d/sshd

What is the shell from /etc/passwd for that user?

Comment

I am facing this problem too.

Code:
        cat /etc/pam.d/sshd

#%PAM-1.0

auth       required     pam_sepermit.so

auth       include      password-auth

account    required     pam_nologin.so

account    include      password-auth

password   include      password-auth

# pam_selinux.so close should be the first session rule

session    required     pam_selinux.so close

session    required     pam_loginuid.so

# pam_selinux.so open should only be followed by sessions to be executed in the user context

session    required     pam_selinux.so open env_params

session    optional     pam_keyinit.so force revoke

session    include      password-auth

auth       required     pam_shells.so

session    required     pam_lve.so      100     1
        My users shell in /etc/passwd is /bin/bash.

The moment I disable cagefs for this user using cagefsctl --disable username, I can again ssh to server without a problem.

Regards,

Comment

Do you get any error message when you attempt to login?

Comment

Yeah the same as Dennis John mentioned..

Code:
            Jul 11 09:48:51 test-1 sshd[889501]: Accepted password for suhastest from 122.182.0.38 port 47103 ssh2

Jul 11 09:48:51 test-1 sshd[889501]: pam_unix(sshd:session): session opened for user suhastest by (uid=0)

Jul 11 09:48:51 test-1 sshd[889501]: error: PAM: pam_open_session(): Cannot make/remove an entry for the specified session

Comment

Try doing:
              id USERNAME
              lvectl destroy _ID_
              where _ID_ is the user id from previous user
              And then try logging in again.
              If that doesn work, please, contact our support at helpdesk.cloudlinux.com

Comment

And I am using cagefs-3.5-2.el6.cloudlinux.x86_64

Comment

This thread might be quite old, but I have been unable to find any others with the correct fix.

As this is CloudLinux with LVE/CageFS, the standard fix below suggest by people for standard Linux does not work:
                  Edit /etc/pam.d/sshd and comment out the below line:
                  session required pam_loginuid.so

The work around is to comment out the line used by CageFS/LVE:
                  session required pam_lve.so 500 1

A full fix for this would be greatly appreciated, as we would like to have everything secure, and working

Comment

Well, we would really like to investigate the issue, however the symptoms should be different from a 3 years old thread. Could you please show us more information what exactly is not working and what /var/log/secure and /var/log/messages are saying?

Removing "session required pam_lve.so" is not a fix, you simply disable lve/cagefs functionality at all for ssh sessions.

Comment

Thread is not letting me post...

Comment

Now to post the link to the real information it wasn letting me post...

Comment

What is home location for blacksheep ? (grep blacksheep /etc/passwd)

And also show me the content of /etc/cagefs/cagefs.base.home.dirs file.

Comment

Home directory is /home/blacksheep.

This was the contents of /etc/cagefs/cagefs.base.home.dirs:
                            mount_basedir=1
                            ^/var/www/vhosts/[^/]+

I added the below line and was able to log in through SSH:
                            ^/home/[^/]+

The below lines show in /var/log/secure:
                            Jul 1 21:10:24 plesk sshd[558886]: pam_unix(sshd:session): session opened for user blacksheep by (uid=0)
                            Jul 1 21:10:24 plesk sshd[558886]: lastlog_openseek: Couldnt stat /var/log/lastlog: No such file or directory
                            Jul 1 21:10:24 plesk sshd[558886]: lastlog_openseek: Couldnt stat /var/log/lastlog: No such file or directory

Jul 1 21:30:34 plesk sshd[560170]: syslogin_perform_logout: logout() returned an error
                            Jul 1 21:30:34 plesk sshd[560170]: pam_unix(sshd:session): session closed for user blacksheep

Also /var/log/messages:
                            Jul 1 21:03:20 plesk pam_lve[558466]: Error Entering into CageFS -1 Invalid regexps: no match for path to base home directory

I am unable to "su".

After some searching, I am thinking I should create a "wheel" group. cPanel has this feature built in (our other server), but the one with the issue is Plesk. Unless there is something else that should be done outside of Plesk?

Comment

Hello,

> Home directory is /home/blacksheep.

Did you check this in your /etc/passwd as we wrote you before?
                              If yes and homedir is located in /home, then you have custom Plesk configuration. Because users homedir - located in /var/www/vhosts by default on Plesk server.

Is there any chance to change it back to default settings ( /var/www/vhosts)? After this you should also remove ^/home/[^/]+ from /etc/cagefs/cagefs.base.home.dirs and run cagefsctl --remount-all.

Comment

Working...
                              X