Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

PHP selector not working without apache restart.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PHP selector not working without apache restart.

Hi,

We
    e looking at moving out hosting environments to CL & cPanel so Im doing some pretty heavy testing to pull together the right config for us.

Currently looking at running CageFS with PHP Selector but really need PHP running as FCGI (with APC) to avoid the heavy performance impact of suPHP.

One issue Im having at the the moment though is when running as FCGI, PHP version changes don take effect until apache is restarted. This isn he case when running suPHP.

I presume its down to how FCGI keeps the continuous process running as opposed to suPHPs generating a new process for each request. Restarting apache is killing the process that was hanging onto the previous PHP version.

Is that the way its supposed to happen or is there maybe something in my config somewhere thats preventing it from changing straight away? If not, is there any other way I can get round it while sticking with FCGI?

Thanks in advance,
    Al.

Hi,

Probably something with your server configuration.
    I have ~20 servers with cPanel + CL + CageFS and PHP running as FCGI and clients can change php version without need to restart Apache.

Comment

Hi!

There is a bug in /usr/bin/cl-selector script.

We will release a bugfix this week.

Comment

Working...
      X