This topic has been answered.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Excessive input/output (I/O) activity

Some users struggle with properly configuring their websites, resulting in excessive input/output (I/O) activity. For instance, certain users may install cache plugins on their WordPress sites without understanding how to configure them correctly. As a consequence, large amounts of data are constantly being read and written. It would be beneficial to have an option to automatically limit I/O for accounts that exhibit excessive usage.

Here are a couple of ideas for implementing such a feature:
    1. If the average I/O exceeds 90% of the maximum I/O in the last 10 minutes, the system could automatically restrict the I/O to 10% of the normal limit. This limitation would remain in place until the average I/O has been below 500 kb/s for at least 60 minutes.
    2. If the average I/O exceeds 50% of the maximum I/O in the last 60 minutes, the system could impose an I/O limit of 10% of the normal limit. This limitation would persist until the average I/O has been below 500 kb/s for at least 60 minutes.

By implementing these measures, it would be possible to mitigate the impact of excessive I/O usage caused by users who lack proper configuration knowledge. This could help ensure smoother website performance and prevent overloaded server resources.
  • Answer selected by bogdan.sh at 01-09-2024, 10:38 AM.

Hi,

It does not look to be more to the default IO limit implementation. If you set the IO Limits with LVE Manager the disk operations will be slowed down when the IO limit will be hit by a user. The processes are throttled and due to this server performance is not affected. Indeed, caching plugins or backups are taking a lot of IO and could cause spikes, while they will not overuse the limit you set manually.

Comment

Hi,

It does not look to be more to the default IO limit implementation. If you set the IO Limits with LVE Manager the disk operations will be slowed down when the IO limit will be hit by a user. The processes are throttled and due to this server performance is not affected. Indeed, caching plugins or backups are taking a lot of IO and could cause spikes, while they will not overuse the limit you set manually.

Comment

Thank you, I got it
        Last edited by bogdan.sh; 01-09-2024, 10:37 AM.

Comment

Working...
        X