Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Help with initial install. Where is the GUI? How to install cPanel?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help with initial install. Where is the GUI? How to install cPanel?

I downloaded 9.3 latest - full DVD. installed it on a bare metal server.

When server boots, it goes to a root login. Where is the GUI for the server? (I thought there was a UI that I can admin the server from a keyboard and mouse - visually)?

How do I install cPanel onto this bare metal server?

Sorry to ask but the directions weren't clear...

Thank you in advance.

Hello,

The GUI is not available on any of such servers, they are always command-line based. Anyway, cpanel installation is pretty easy and you have just to connect to this server over ssh with putty (on windows) or shell terminal on MacOS/Linux. Then run following command:

HTML Code:
    cd /home && curl -o latest -L https://securedownloads.cpanel.net/latest && sh latest
    After ~15 minutes you should have installation finished, then you may use web GUI of cPanel to manage most aspects of the server.

Comment

Sorry, but I have a question. cPanel is not compatible with Windows servers, right? I can not install. Is there any ways for Window?

Comment

Originally posted by anthonybanks View Post
        Sorry, but I have a question. cPanel is not compatible with Windows servers, right? I can not install. Is there any ways for Window?
        It is not compatible with Windows servers, only linux (CentOS/CloudLinux/Ubuntu)

Comment

Originally posted by bogdan.sh View Post

It is not compatible with Windows servers, only linux (CentOS/CloudLinux/Ubuntu)
          Poor of me. Thank u.
          Last edited by bogdan.sh; 01-05-2024, 09:14 AM.

Comment

Working...
          X