No announcement yet.

EasyApache 4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If you are using CloudLinux alt-php, log into the cPanel for that user, go to the Select PHP Version tools and check the ioncube_loader extension, and save the extension set.

If you do not see the ioncube_loader extension, log into a root terminal and run yum groupinstall alt-phpand that should install all the missing extensions.

If you are using the cPanel PHP Selector ...... I have no idea !!

Comment

How long does the conversion from ea3 to ea4 take?

Will apache be down during the conversion?

thx

Comment

It depends from server to server, however, usually conversion process takes ~20 minutes. Yes, apache is down just few moments during the conversion. Suppose not more then for 1 minute.

Comment

I wouldnt give you a dime for this EA4 conversion

Tried twice, and its mucked up both times. This time everything changed back to native (?) PHP, PHP version 5.4. PHP 5.4 isnt even installed.

Im just going to give up on this whole piece of crap. MAJOR PITA.

Comment

Strange to hear that, we already had a bunch number of successfull convertions to EA4. I would like to check the issue, do you have any ticket created with us already?

Comment

Hi Bogdan,

I am in middle of a server migration and the new servers are setup as fresh installs of cpanel/cloudlinux. One thing seems not to be working for me. We need PHP selector but when I have EA4 in place and go to cpanel->php selector I do not see any old versions installed. I believe with EA4, I should not yum group install alt-php packages used to be for php selector. What am I missing?

We are also aiming to have LiteSpeed installed on our servers but not yet installed, so is EA4 compatible with LiteSpeed? Do I need to install alt-php packages for LiteSpeed ?

Regards.

Comment

Hi,

You still need alt-php packages installed to be available from our PHP-Selector page. Its a bit confusing, however, you will get two PHP-selectors, one from cPanel, called Multiple PHP manager which works only with ea-php* packages, and one from us Select PHP version which works with alt-php* packages. Recommend you disabling one from WHM > Feature Manager.

Litespeed is supported with EA4 and our selector, but yes it still needs alt-php packages.

Comment

Just to close out about the issues I was experiencing. I was able to fix mine by running EasyApache3 prior to attempting the conversion script. Apparently Im missing something from EA3 and recompiling everything from EA3 puts all of that in place. I do have to rerun the enable enable mod_lsapi stuff after running EA3 and make sure everything is still using mod_lsapi before running the EA4 conversion script. And I do have to rerun the mod_lsapi enable stuff after the EA4 conversion. But its all fairly seamless.

Comment

Good to hear that! Thanks for the follow up.

Comment

• What i must choose? multiphp or php selector?

Comment

• As you are asking this on CloudLinux forum - better to use our PHP-Selector !

Comment

Working...
                        X