Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Strange Server Wide Wordpress Issue

Hi Everyone,
    I have a recent server wide issue that i can seem to find a solution for but only started after a cloudlinux update. All my WordPress site are unable to publish new content almost like it is blocked or something. When trying to post anything new the only options that are available are draft and pending review and this is now a server wide issue, any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Rockyuk

The issue you have described is unlikely to have anything at all to do with CloudLinux. Rather, it’s likely that your affected WordPress sites are running a plugin or theme that is causing this issue.

Try renaming the plugins folder (inside the wp-content folder) for one of the affected sites to something else, like plugins.disabled. Then sign in to that site’s WordPress admin dashboard and see if you can publish new content.

(a) If it works, you’ll need to enable the plugins one at a time (whilst also testing the publishing each time, of course) to find out exactly which plugin is causing the problem.
    (b) If it still doesn’t work after you rename the plugins folder, it’s possible that the theme is causing the issue. In that case, try selecting a different theme (whilst still having all plugins disabled), preferably one of the default themes, and see if you’re now able to publish.

Comment

Hi Baby,
      It is definitely a server issue, I have done everything you suggested numerous times and did not change anything. The fact the same issue is happening to all the WordPress sites hosted on my server and has only recently started would suggest it is a server issue.

Comment

Have you tried enabeling WordPresss debug mode in wp-config.php ? This might give you some more information about why this is happening.

This could be a PHP extension required by WordPress either failing or not being enabled.

I presume you have PHP Selector, if so have you tried changing PHP versions to see if it resolves the issue, and also maybe switching from mysql to mysqlnd on that account to see if that changes anything.

Comment

Right suggestions here. I would also like to know if you use PHP-Selector and how it goes with alt-php or native php.

If issue still there - please create support ticket at https://helpdesk.cloudlinux.com and provide details how to reproduce the issue. Test wordpress install will be the best.

Comment

Working...
          X