Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unmounting optimumcache takes too long

Hello,

Every time I want to reboot a machine that has optimumcache installed and running, it takes way too long. I keep getting errors that the ploop device cannot unmount.

Can anyone suggest a workaround to forcefully unmount the ploop device for optimumcache and then reboot?

This should not happen, stopping service shoudl be fast. Do you use latest optimumcache and kernel? Please show us:

Code:
    uname -r

rpm -q optimumcache

Comment

Hello,

Ive updated recently the kernel but the one that I was using a few days ago was a previous version:

root@myserver [~]# uname -r
      2.6.32-673.8.1.lve1.4.3.el6.x86_64

The version of optimumcache was installed a while back using the beta version. I installed it using the updates testing repo from Cloudlinux:

yum install optimumcache --enablerepo=cloudlinux-updates-testing

root@myserver [~]# rpm -q optimumcache
      optimumcache-0.3-4.el6.cloudlinux.x86_64

The errors found in /var/log/messages while trying to reboot are:

Dec 7 22:30:27 myserver kernel: [17457750.246210] stop ploop34233 failed (holders=1)
      Dec 7 22:30:28 myserver kernel: [17457751.246698] stop ploop34233 failed (holders=1)
      Dec 7 22:30:29 myserver kernel: [17457752.247184] stop ploop34233 failed (holders=1)

Like in my previous post, the most that I have waited was about 5 minutes before forcefully rebooting the server.

Comment

We are not aware that ploop unmount is hunging. Overall ploop functionality should be improved in future, our upstream provider is performing major changes.

Please consider using optimumcache without ploop: http://docs.cloudlinux.com/index.htm...out_ploop.html

Comment

Working...
        X