Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Disk full 100%

Hello,
    i have this problem, in my first patition / have 100% disk space full (40GB) but my /home/ partition have only 16% used (total 320GB)

its possible for you to tell me how to fix this problem or why my first partition have full disk space
    i have dedicated server (OVH) and cloudlinux from 2015
    please thanks

update 1.
    my backup folder is /backup/ its a NFS mounted external disk and not local folder disk
    thanks

Hello Alessandro,
    Thank you for reaching out! Try to find large folders, for example
    # du -mx /
    #sort -rn
    # head -20
    Check their contents and clean up unnecessary information.
    Alternatively, check the logs as well and increase the HDD. Thank you.

Comment

Method 1: Empty Recycle Bin
      Recycle Bin is a temporary storage place for deleted files. In other words, when a file or folder is deleted, it isnt permanently deleted immediately. Instead, it goes to the Recycle Bin.

Therefore, you can free up space by clicking Empty Recycle Bin. However, this would only clear up very little space for C drive since large files or folders usually will not go to the Recycle Bin.

Method 2: Uninstall Some Programs
      If your computer has installed a lot of programs, they will undoubtedly take up a lot of space. Unused or seldomly used programs should be uninstalled from the computer in order to free up space when the hard drive is full.

Method 3: Use Space Analyzer to Scan Your Drive and Delete Unnecessary Files
      Additionally, you can find out which files are using a lot of space in the event of hard drive full, and delete them. To do this, you can ask MiniTool Partition Wizard for help - it provides a function called Space Analyzer that scans a hard drive and analyzes the space usage.

After scanning your drive, you will know which files or folders are using up the most space. Just delete the unnecessary ones with the Space Analyzer feature correspondingly.

Method 4: Extend C Drive
      If the C drive is the only drive running out of disk space and there is available free space on other partitions or drives, you can try using MiniTool Partition Wizard to extend the C drive to fix "my C drive is full without reason" issue in Windows 10/8/7.Before you proceed, please get MiniTool Partition Wizard Free Edition. You can also use its Bootable CD (can be created from Bootable Media in Pro Edition) to extend C drive safely.

Comment

Working...
      X