CloudLinux6 with open-vm-tools.x86_64

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CloudLinux6 with open-vm-tools.x86_64

Hi there,[br][br]I am updating open-vm-tools.x86_64 on a CloudLinux6 VPS. But I got:[br][br]

Code:
    root@linuxweb-intern [~]# yum update open-vm-tools[br]Loaded plugins: fastestmirror, rhnplugin[br]Setting up Update Process[br]Loading mirror speeds from cached hostfile[br] * cloudlinux-x86_64-server-6: cl.se.oderland.com[br] * epel: nl.mirror.babylon.network[br]Resolving Dependencies[br]--> Running transaction check[br]---> Package open-vm-tools.x86_64 0:9.4.6-1.el6 will be updated[br]---> Package open-vm-tools.x86_64 0:9.10.2-1.el6 will be an update[br]--> Processing Dependency: libmspack.so.0()(64bit) for package: open-vm-tools-9.10.2-1.el6.x86_64[br]--> Finished Dependency Resolution[br]Error: Package: open-vm-tools-9.10.2-1.el6.x86_64 (epel)[br]           Requires: libmspack.so.0()(64bit)[br] You could try using --skip-broken to work around the problem[br] You could try running: rpm -Va --nofiles --nodigest[br]
    So it can find libmspack.so.0. I figgerd out that that is in package: libmspack.[br][br]But on cloudlinux it can find that package. Is it possible to add this package to the repo? Or is it better to do an other solution?[br]Thanks,[br][br]Tim

Hi,

That package goes from third party repos and it was not imported to our repository. I am going to create a task for our developers to check if possible to import this package.

So far the only one solution is to install it manually or use some 3rd party repositories.

Comment

We were able to build libmspack and placed it to our updates-testing repository, please try installing open-vm-tools again using:

Code:
      yum update open-vm-tools --enablerepo=cloudlinux-updates-testing

Comment

Yes it is working. But I can post the output because then the post/reply isn shown.

But thanks for the quick fix!

Comment

Working...
        X