using beta and testing features/packages, and automatic updates

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• using beta and testing features/packages, and automatic updates

Ive setup a new cloudlinux server and Im in the process of migrating the accounts from an old server.

Im using a lot of the cloudlinux beta/testing features on the new server, http2, criu and so on, installed with yum with the various "testing repository" flags.

Now my question is how will automatic updates of those packages be handled? cPanel is automatically updating the servers packages with cron during the night (I guess?).
    Does that include those beta/testing packages from cloudlinux?
    And also when those packages become "production ready" and "become available in the production repos", will the automatic updating switch to the "production repo" or will it continue to update to beta/testing versions of those packages?

Thanks.

/E

Hey,

Beta packages are still good, usually - nothing to worry about when using them.

Now, about the update process - only versions does matter. Let explains the things more, assuming you have updates-testing repo disabled by default :

- you install package AA-0.6 version from beta repository
    - current package version in stable is AA-0.5
    - next time we release new beta, version AA-0.7 , your server will not update to it
    - when beta version AA-0.6 will be moved to stable repo - your server is already using it, so no actions will be done
    - we release AA-0.8 to beta, then after a week we move it to stable
    - only now your server will update AA-0.6 to AA-0.8 from stable repository

Comment

I need more clarification on this beta updates etc.

How do I turn off all betas, just by executing disable beta chanal or ... and return to your normal auto updates, I do not wish to skip versions like you described above.

Comment

Beta channels are disabled by default, to be sure you may check it with:

Code:
        cat /etc/yum.repos.d/cloudlinux.repo | egrep "name|enabled"
        You should see enabled=0 next to Updates Testing:

> name=CloudLinux-$releasever - Updates Testing
        > enabled=0

If so you will get just normal updates from stable repository.

Comment

Working...
        X