• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RHSA-2017:1679-1 yum update

Regarding RHSA-2017:1679-1

One server updated named tonight via yum update to
    named -v
    BIND 9.8.2rc1-RedHat-9.8.2-0.62.rc1.el6_9.4
    (This server was installed as centos6 and updated to cloudilnux6 some time ago)

Another server which was installed fresh as cloudlinux6 sees no named update today (bind bind-utils)
    named -v
    BIND 9.8.2rc1-RedHat-9.8.2-0.62.rc1.el6_9.2

Is this update supposed to come from the cloudlinux repo or from the datacenter centos/rhel repo for a cloudlinux6 server?

Wondering why one server got the update and the other doesnt see one yet. Ran yum clean all with no change.

Thanks.

Hello,

Please check your /etc/yum.conf file, usually cPanel excludes bind from updating

Comment

Both servers have the same yum.conf exclude line which includes bind-chroot but not bind or bind-utils.

exclude=bind-chroot courier* dovecot* exim* filesystem httpd* mod_ssl* mydns* mysql* nsd* p0f php* proftpd* pure-ftpd* spamassassin* squirrelmail*
      tolerant=1
      errorlevel=1
      cachedir=/var/cache/yum/$basearch/$releasever
      keepcache=0
      debuglevel=2
      logfile=/var/log/yum.log
      exactarch=1
      obsoletes=1
      gpgcheck=1
      plugins=1
      installonly_limit=5

Comment

Also doing a grep on /var/log/yum.log shows that the server which is not seeing this BIND 9.8.2rc1-RedHat-9.8.2-0.62.rc1.el6_9.4 bind update today did update bind-libs bind-utils bind-devel and bind on Jan 17, Mar 25, April 21, and May 09 during the nightly cpanel upcp.

Comment

Is a cloudlinux6 server supposed to update from
          http://repo.cloudlinux.com/cloudlinu.../Packages/?C=M;O=D

I ask because I see the last bind update there is May 08 and my last bind update on this server according to the yum log was during the May 09 upcp cron job. I dont see the July 05 bind update on the above repo.

Comment

Hello,

All cloudlinux* related repos, such as cloudlinux-base and cloudlinux-updates should be disabled, as updates are receiving via rhn channel. Without a subscription, yum wont work.

Could you please submit a ticket to https://cloudlinux.zendesk.com, our team will review it more deeply.

Comment

Will put in a ticket today.

General questions:

1.) Has there been any change to the cloudlinux6 yum setup in the last 3 months that would require changes on customers server side to maintain yum update functionality? (Servers are cloudlinux IP licensed from datacenter)

2.) Is there a document which shows the correct yum.repos.d setup for a cloudlinux6 server to verify correct yum setup?

3.) Can you confirm if on a correctly setup cloudlinux6 server BIND 9.8.2rc1-RedHat-9.8.2-0.62.rc1.el6_9.4 is available as an update?

Thanks very much.

Comment

Update: thanks for the fast response to ticket.

This update is not yet available for cloudlinux 6 but will be in the future.

I had been looking at the server which did not get the update, but the anomaly was the server which did get the update yesterday (since it was not yet actually available for cloudlinux.)

That server had CentOS-Base.repo present in yum.repos.d directory which is where it pulled the July 5 bind update from. Ive now renamed CentOS-Base.repo to CentOS-Base.noncloudlinux so it doesnt inadvertently get enabled again. (I believe CentOS-Base.repo was used to install a minor rpm some time back not available via the cloudlinux-x86_64-server-6: xmlrpc.cln.cloudlinux.com repo, but should have been disabled after that.)

Comment

Working...
                X