Guys, I have already apply:

yum clean all
    yum makecache
    yum update

then, this came up again:

One of the configured repositories failed (Unknown),
    and yum doesnt have enough cached data to continue. At this point the only
    safe thing yum can do is fail. There are a few ways to work "fix" this:

1. Contact the upstream for the repository and get them to fix the problem.

2. Reconfigure the baseurl/etc. for the repository, to point to a working
    upstream. This is most often useful if you are using a newer
    distribution release than is supported by the repository (and the
    packages for the previous distribution release still work).

3. Run the command with the repository temporarily disabled
    yum --disablerepo=<repoid> ...

4. Disable the repository permanently, so yum wont use it by default. Yum
    will then just ignore the repository until you permanently enable it
    again or use --enablerepo for temporary usage:

yum-config-manager --disable <repoid>
    or
    subscription-manager repos --disable=<repoid>

5. Configure the failing repository to be skipped, if it is unavailable.
    Note that yum will try to contact the repo. when it runs most commands,
    so will have to try and fail each time (and thus. yum will be be much
    slower). If it is a very temporary problem though, this is often a nice
    compromise:

yum-config-manager --save --setopt=<repoid>.skip_if_unavailable=true

failed to retrieve repodata/repomd.xml from cloudlinux-x86_64-server-7
    error was [Errno 12] Timeout on https://cl.banahosting.com/XMLRPC/GE...ata/repomd.xml: (28, Operation timed out after 120001 milliseconds with 0 out of 0 bytes received)

Why is it so hard to update cloudlinux nowdays?

Comment

I think that nobody use cloudlinux. I asked a lot of hosting companies and they said that CL was terrible to administer so they abandon CL. Maybe thats why nodoby ask about this ..

Comment

> I think that nobody use cloudlinux. I asked a lot of hosting companies and they said that CL was terrible to administer so they abandon CL. Maybe thats why nodoby ask about this ..

That is simply absurd. Every Linux-based webhost that I communicate with uses CloudLinux and has for years. Over all of the years that Ive used CL, Ive had very few support issues -- and many of those were due to my own ineptness..

Comment

Hi everyone,

Heres an update from our support team on the solution to apply:

Add:
          exclude = cl.banahosting.com in the [main] section in /etc/yum/pluginconf.d/fastestmirror.conf

after that:

Code:
          yum clean all

yum makecache

yum update

Comment

Yes, this is also creating problem and sending me the 500 error, and still not working. During my working time with my office, I faced the problem first. Now how can I solve the issue?

Comment

This mirror repository seems definitely down and makes "yum" commands failed.

cl-mirror.fr.planethoster.net

More info to solve this issue :

Open the file /etc/yum/pluginconf.d/fastestmirror.conf in an editor, find a string which starts with exclude, by default, it looks like this:

#exclude=.gov, facebook

Change it to:

exclude=cl-mirror.fr.planethoster.net

and save the file.

Then try using yum again.

Comment

The perforrmance of the CloudLinux mirrors has been unacceptable for a commercial product. Despite running yum clean all && yum makecache && yum update over 10 times it looks like i get a mirror so so overloaded at 11kBs then it just dies. It's like the server is sitting on 9600 baud modem connection to the internet.

What is the long term plan to get these mirrors fixed?

This has been happening every few days for the last month

cloudlinux-x86_64-server-7/primary_db 11% [==========- ] 11 kB/s | 6.5 MB 00:65:45 ETA

One of the configured repositories failed (Unknown),
                and yum doesn't have enough cached data to continue. At this point the only
                safe thing yum can do is fail. There are a few ways to work "fix" this:

1. Contact the upstream for the repository and get them to fix the problem.

2. Reconfigure the baseurl/etc. for the repository, to point to a working
                upstream. This is most often useful if you are using a newer
                distribution release than is supported by the repository (and the
                packages for the previous distribution release still work).

3. Run the command with the repository temporarily disabled
                yum --disablerepo=<repoid> ...

4. Disable the repository permanently, so yum won't use it by default. Yum
                will then just ignore the repository until you permanently enable it
                again or use --enablerepo for temporary usage:

yum-config-manager --disable <repoid>
                or
                subscription-manager repos --disable=<repoid>

5. Configure the failing repository to be skipped, if it is unavailable.
                Note that yum will try to contact the repo. when it runs most commands,
                so will have to try and fail each time (and thus. yum will be be much
                slower). If it is a very temporary problem though, this is often a nice
                compromise:

yum-config-manager --save --setopt=<repoid>.skip_if_unavailable=true

failed to retrieve repodata/f66a1fdfda465e15301a6deb341c8f22c7f40dd6610446ff59 2f781699857200-primary.sqlite.bz2 from cloudlinux-x86_64-server-7
                error was [Errno 12] Timeout on https://cl-mirror.herza.id/XMLRPC/GE...0dd6610446ff59 2f781699857200-primary.sqlite.bz2: (28, 'Connection timed out after 120001 milliseconds')

CloudLinux mirrors

Comment

Hello,

You are right, there are some issues in publically hosted mirrors, our infra team has been informed about a few mirrors already. As of now, the only solution is to exclude those which are slow, in your case:

Code:
                  echo "exclude=cl-mirror.herza.id" >> /etc/yum/pluginconf.d/fastestmirror.conf
                  you clean all

Comment

Originally posted by bogdan.sh View Post
                    Hello,

You are right, there are some issues in publically hosted mirrors, our infra team has been informed about a few mirrors already. As of now, the only solution is to exclude those which are slow, in your case:

Code:
                    echo "exclude=cl-mirror.herza.id" >> /etc/yum/pluginconf.d/fastestmirror.conf
                    you clean all
                    Hi Bogdan,

I have been doing this but it often takes several hours until a mirror is found that works. With 5 servers to manage you need a full time system admin just to perform updates. This is not a good solution, what do you propose?

===
                    cloudlinux-x86_64-server-7/updateinfo | 1.8 MB 00:00:00

failed to retrieve repodata/f66a1fdfda465e15301a6deb341c8f22c7f40dd6610446ff59 2f781699857200-primary.sqlite.bz2 from cloudlinux-x86_64-server-7
                    error was [Errno 12] Timeout on https://cl-mirror.xeonbd.com/XMLRPC/...0dd6610446ff59 2f781699857200-primary.sqlite.bz2: (28, 'Operation too slow. Less than 1000 bytes/sec transferred the last 120 seconds')

Comment

We have removed few 3rd party mirrors from our mirror list. Should be good now.

Comment

Originally posted by bogdan.sh View Post
                        We have removed few 3rd party mirrors from our mirror list. Should be good now.
                        It worked for a few days, but same problem is now back again. Subsequently we get these errors also

/etc/cron.hourly/clmirror:

sed: can't read /var/cache/yum/x86_64/7/cloudlinux-x86_64-server-7/mirrorlist.txt: No such file or directory

Comment

Likely some yum cache become broken, try to clear them once again with:

Code:
                          you clean all
                          yum makecache

Comment

I am sorry to say there has been no improvement on this.

Its become a daily excercise to run updates, watch them fail then exlude them in /etc/yum/pluginconf.d/fastestmirror.conf. Eventually after 3-4 attempts one of them works.

The problems have not been resolved.

Comment

Some workaround has been applied yesterday, however solid fix is still not done yet (it would require days to review the whole mirror system).
                              Sorry for the inconvenience, it's under highest priority.

Comment

I have problems with all

eu-*.cl-mirror.net

so I add to fastestmirror.com:

exclude=.net
                                include_only=.nl,.de,.uk,.ie

then run upcp and now everything is ok.

Comment

Working...
                                X